Langir: Your Premier Supplier of 16mm Push Button Switch
- High standard of metal material such as stainless steel 304 and 316L, anodized aluminum, nickel plated brass etc
- High requirement of lathe technology. For custom products, our engineering department checks the drawings carefully with the workers before each order.
- Our workers will immediately eliminate substandard parts
- Compositive silver contact is over 87%, silver contact is 99.9%
Custom Your 16mm Push Button Switch
One of the most common yet popular push button switches, the 16mm switch makes for an excellent choice for heavy-duty use. Langir 16mm push button switch comes in different series, including vandal proof push button switch, piezoelectric switch, and capacitive switch.
All of these are highly certified, so you won’t be dissatisfied with the quality. It’s also possible to get a customized 16mm push button switch according to your descriptions.
From its actuator, down to its other parts, you can modify your 16mm pushbutton all you want. You may modify, in particular, the material for your 16mm push button switch, the illumination, the color of your LED, and all there is that you need a personal touch.
You could also choose the head for your switch 16mm to be concave, flat, or high flat. As to the material type, we have brass, stainless steel, anodized aluminum, and more.
In particular, our stainless steel varieties like our 316L is of high quality. As to the illumination, you may want to customize your 16mm push button switch with a ring or dot illumination, or both.
Your options in terms of color are also limitless. Presently, we have readily-available colors like red, green, blue, yellow, orange, and white.
You could also specify another color that is not specified in our list, or you can select a bicolored or tricolored one for your 16mm momentary switch. Customizing 16mm push button switch has never been this easy with Langir.
Share with us your desired 16mm push button switch, specifying everything you want to be considered. You can be assured that we’ll customize your 16mm push button switch according to your preference and specification with high quality.
Langir is involved in this field for over 16 years. Each year we develop 2 or 3 new series so that you will have more choices.
At present, we usually make stainless steel, nicked plated bras, gold plated brass, anodized aluminum, and so on.
For standard packing, some are 40pcs/box, some are 20pcs/box or 50pcs/box, 500pcs or 1000pcs per carton. We also provide you custom box or carton packing with your logo and design.
Sure, we will check the different express fees for your reference.
Yes, we accept OEM & ODM and we have the experience to do them for our customers.
Langir 16mm Push Button Switch
Langir 16mm push button switch is a perfect choice if you are in need of a heavy-duty push button!
Langir 16mm push button switch is a SPST & SPDT switch with 16mm threading and 1mm pitch. For SPST push button switch, we suggest Langir V16 series. They are short and easy to be installed. Langir V16 series has NO and NC two types.
Langir 16mm push button switch has different choices for terminals and connections. If you choose screw terminal, you can pass the wire through the screw holes and then tighten it with a screwdriver. You see it is quite easy to connect the wires.
If you choose pin terminal, we suggest using 20W electric soldering iron to complete soldering within 3 seconds.
Langir 16mm push button switch reaches IP65, IP67, IP68 high waterproof grade. According to the installing environment, you can choose a suitable item to fit with your device. IP68 grade push button switch is our newest type. It could be used outdoor, near the sea and it is not easy to corrupt.
With professional sales team support, you will get an instant reply in 24 hours. Langir has a strong technical support team to back you. Contact us now!
16mm Push Button Switch – FAQ Guide
In this guide, you will discover a lot of important and essential things about the 16mm push button switch.
Aside from its early origins, you will also learn about its different types, shapes, and its various applications in our world today.
You will also find out how it is made and how you can install 16mm push button switch yourself.
Moreover, you will learn about the things you should look for in a 16mm push button switch, its warranty coverage, and many more.
Read this guide first before you purchase 16mm push button switch, you will be glad that you did.
1. What is a 16mm push button switch?
The 16mm push button switch is one of the wide varieties of push button switches manufactured and exported globally.
They are made with different types, shapes, colors, and other specifications.
Similar to other switches, the 16mm push button switch also has diverse applications and functions in many types of industries, businesses, and general public use.
Panel mount 16mm push button switch
2. What are the old versions of the 16mm push button switch?
The push button switches have a long history that is dating back to the 18th century.
The earliest version of a push button switch is the 1884 quick break electrical switch, an invention of J.H. Holmes in Newcastle, England.
This technology allowed the contacts to move quickly apart to prevent electric arcing which is a fire hazard.
The quick break electrical switch technology is still in use to this day by billions of push button switch manufacturers around the world.
An illustration of a quick break mechanism
3. How was the 16mm push button switch used before?
Back in the 1900s, push button switches have been used in many applications that we use every day.
Aside from light switches, the push button switch is used for flashlights, cameras, doorbells, and even radios and telephones.
Eventually, it was used for more applications such as calculators, cash registers, remote controls, washing machines, dishwashers, and even automobiles.
An 1898 flashlight using the first everyday push button
4. What are the modern applications of the 16mm push button switch?
While the most commonly known applications of 16mm push button switches are for light switches and other small devices, some applications are not mostly known by many people.
Such as its use in the many different types of industries.
They are used as power control devices for small finishing types of machinery and control panels both local and remote.
In buildings, 16mm push button switches are usually found in control boards, alarms, and surveillance rooms.
Other modern applications of the 16mm push button switches are in medical and laboratory instrumentation, private and public transport, and other small electronic equipment.
5. What are the mechanisms of a 16mm push button switch?
The mechanisms of a 16mm push button switch can have any of the following parts which are categorized as external or internal for the list below:
- Actuator or button cap
- Return spring
- Movable contact
- Other mechanisms may be present in other types of push button switches.
Parts of 16mm push button switch
6. What is the series available for a 16mm push button switch?
Manufacturers label their 16mm push button switches using series that is composed of letters and numbers.
These combinations of letters and numbers represent its features, circuit, type, voltage capacity, shape, size, and so on.
However, these labeling will depend on the manufacturer or the standard that they are following to enable them to identify their products.
For example, a L16 push button switch series would mean that it is type with a diameter of 16mm.
The other remarkable series is the PZ16 piezo push button switch and CP16 capacitive push button switch.
7. How is a 16mm push button switch manufactured?
Push button switch manual assembly
Manufacturers of 16mm push button switch either make them manually or use a type of machinery to automate the assembly of the parts.
Depending on the manufacturer, some parts of 16mm push button switches are ordered to be ready for assembly while others make them from scratch.
Here’s what generally happens during an automatic assembly of 16mm push button switches.
- The casing is placed on a piece of holding machinery.
- Then the coil, springs, and other internal mechanisms are positioned inside the casing.
- Then the casing together with its internal mechanisms is inserted into an external casing or the enclosure.
- Then the actuator of 16mm push button is installed.
- The completed push button switch is then released from the assembly and ready for packaging.
Other types of push button switches may have additional assembly procedures such as the 16mm illuminated pushbutton, backlit label push button switches, etc.
8. What are the steps to install a 16mm push button switch?
If you plan to install a 16mm push button switch or any type of switch, it is necessary to have all the tools that you will need to perform the installation.
You may need the following:
- A 16mm push button switch
- 16mm diameter cut-out
- Hand drill or hole saw
- Screwdriver or soldering iron with lead depending on the type of terminal
Here are the steps on how you can install the 16mm push button switch:
- Wipe the surface where you will be installing the push button switch.
- Using a pencil, trace the diameter cut-out on the surface.
- After tracing the cut-out, use the hand drill to make a hole for the push button switch.
- Take 16mm button and check if it fits through nicely then remove it first.
- Take out the hex nut from the switch.
- Then start connecting the electrical wirings to the terminals of the switch.
- Insert push button switch 16mm to the hole again and fasten the hex nut tightly.
- To complete the installation, test the switch.
If you require an installation for a more complex application, you may need to consult an electrician to install it for you.
9. What kind of industries is using push button switches?
Push button switches are extensively used in many industries since they mostly provide comfort and safety.
Some of the known industries that are using the push button switches are the following:
- Oil and gas
Different uses of push button switches
10. What are the materials available for a 16mm push button switch?
Normally, 16mm push button switches are made from the following materials:
- Stainless steel
- Nickel-plated brass
- Anodized aluminum
- Gold plated brass
It is important to bear in mind that the materials used to manufacture the 16mm push button switches may vary from different manufacturers.
16mm push button switch stainless steel materials
11. What is the material on the head of a 16mm push button switch?
This depends on the type of the 16mm push button switch.
The head of the actuator would normally have the same material which was used to manufacture the encasing of 16mm push button switch.
But with backlit LED push button switches, the actuator would have a polycarbonate material that has a label printed beneath the actuator.
12. What does a tri-color 16mm push button switch mean?
Tri-color or triple color, when used to refer to push button switches, means that it displays three different colors when the actuator is pressed by a user.
Each time that the actuator is pressed, 16mm push button switch will show a different color.
13. Where is a security 16mm push button switch used for?
A security 16mm push button switch is also called an exit switch or push to exit button.
In general, they are used to control the locking mechanism of a door.
Someone who needs to exit the door needs to push the button to open it.
When the security push button switch is pressed, the fail-safe lock is momentarily released.
The lock of the door will be disengaged, and the door can now be opened. Security push button switch could be as 16mm momentary push button and 16mm latching switch.
An exit push button next to an emergency button
14. What does self-locking a 16mm push button switch mean?
A self-locking push button switch means that it works just like clicking a pen.
Its internal mechanism includes a locking piece that stops the actuator from bouncing back up again unless you press it. Unlike 16mm momentary push button switch, 16mm latching push button switch will lock itself by the actuator.
15. What is the socket base for a 16mm push button switch?
An example of the socket base for a 16mm push button switch
A socket base is also labeled as a power cable socket, switch socket base, socket wiring, and many other names.
It is a connector with attached electrical cables where a 16mm push button switch is inserted.
It removes the need to solder electrical cables to the push button switch terminals.
The socket base has terminal receivers that should match the number of terminals of 16mm push button switch.
For example, if your 16mm push button switch has 3 terminals, your socket-based must have 3 terminal receivers as well.
Otherwise, the 16mm push button will not fit the socket base.
The electrical cables can be 17 centimeters long or more.
It is also available in different diameter sizes to accommodate the different diameter sizes of the push button switches.
16. What is the connection form of a 16mm push button switch?
A connection form is also known as the terminals or the connection types of a 16mm push button switch.
There is two basic common connection form which is the following:
- Solder-lug type – This is the most standard type to which 16mm push button switch is fitted with lugs and wires are soldered before mounting.
- Screw type – This comes in screw-type only or screw plus bracket type where naked wires are inserted inside the terminal and fastened by the screw.
However, other connection forms are available in the market such as the ones below:
- PCB type – This has two types as well the through-hole terminal and SMT terminal.
- Filaire or Flying head type – This type of terminal has attached wires embedded on the switch to promote switch sealing.
- Connector type – The switch is integrated with the connector to simplify the assembly process and quick installation of the equipment.
Different color type push button switch
17. What are the button types available for a 16mm push button switch?
The button types of a 16mm push button switch have several kinds and are made of different materials.
Here are some of the most common types you can find in the market today.
- Concaved head
- Rounded head
- Rectangular head
- Chamfer head
- Ring or halo
- Whole led
- Ring and symbol
- Dual color
- Color changing
Coffee machine with illuminated push buttons
18. What are the functions available for a 16mm push button switch?
The basic functions of a 16mm push button switch are “on” and “off”.
But these functions can be interchanged or multiplied depending on the number of poles that the switch has or its type.
- 1 pole: Off-(On), On-(Off)
- 1 pole: On-On, On-(On)
- 1 pole: Off-(On)
- 2 poles: On-On On-(On)
19. What are the different shapes of a 16mm push button switch?
Aside from different types, 16mm push button switch also has different shapes you can choose from.
The common shape is the round push button switch, while others would have a square bezel head, or rectangular.
20. Are there variations in length for a 16mm push button switch?
Yes, there are several length variations of a 16mm push button switch.
The average length for a standard 16mm push button switch is around 1 to 1.5 inches long which still depends on its type.
Other types are shorter in lengths such as the low-profile and ultra-short push button switch.
21. Can a 16mm push button switch be used as a reset button?
Yes, they are also used as a reset button.
In fact, some manufacturers make button 16mm that are especially for the reset function.
Reset push button switches also come in other diameter sizes. This type includes 16mm momentary push button switch & 16mm latching push button switch.
22. What type of 16mm push button switch can you use for cars?
Some of the types of 16mm push button switches that you can use for cars are the following:
- L16 Vandal resistant Push Button Toggle Switch
- V16 Anti-vandal automotive push button switch
- L16 Illuminated automotive push button switch
- LS16 Anodized aluminum automotive push button switch
The automotive industry is one of the early industries that has been using 16mm vandal switch.
The 16mm push button switches have been used for push button ignition, keyless access, indicators, signals, lights, horns, and more.
Some car maker companies are working on extending the use of 16m push button switches in vehicles.
This is mainly because 16mm push button switches provide reliability, security, comfort, and safety to the drivers and passengers.
Engine start and stop button
23. How many clicks can a 16mm push button switch last?
Generally, 16mm push button switches can last for millions of clicks.
This is defined by the mechanical and electrical life cycles of the push button switch.
A high-quality 16mm push button switch can have up to 1,000,000 or more for its mechanical life cycle and up to 50,000 cycles or more for its electrical life cycle.
It is important to always look for high-quality 16mm push button switches to make sure that they can last for a very long time.
24. What happens when you connect “NO” and “C” of a 16mm push button switch?
The label “NO” in the terminals of push button 16mm means normally open.
And the “C” stands for the contact point.
The combination of these two would mean the circuit is open until the button 16mm is pressed.
Normally open wiring diagram
25. What happens when you connect “NC” and “C” of a 16mm push button switch?
The label “NC” in the terminals of 16mm push button switch means normally closed.
And the “C” means the contact point.
When connecting these two points, the circuit will be a closed switch until it is actuated.
Normally close wiring diagram
26. What is the LED color voltage of a 16mm push button switch?
The LED color is based on how low or high the voltage is
The color red has the lowest voltage drop typically anywhere between 1.7 and 2 volts.
This explains why the LEDs before only emit the red color.
While yellow has a little higher voltage drop usually higher than 2 volts.
And the highest voltage drop goes to the colors green, white, blue which is between 3 to 4 volts.
The exact voltage rating is not necessary since you can use 2 volts for the colors, yellow, green, or red.
Or 4 volts for the white and blue LEDs.
27. How many logo patterns can you request for the 16mm push button switch?
Most manufacturers would have a wide variety of standard logo patterns or icons to offer their customers.
But some of them accept icon customization if you need a specific design for your 16mm push button switch.
Usually, there’s no limit in requesting how many icons will you need.
You can always collaborate with your manufacturer on how many icons you want to be customized for your 16mm push button switch orders.
Examples of logos or icons
28. Does a 16mm push button switch come with electrical wirings?
Not all 16mm push button switches include electrical wirings when you purchase them.
The electrical wirings are oftentimes purchased separately.
Unless specified by the manufacturer, your 16mm push button switch may come with several electrical wirings for free.
29. What size of wirings can you fit a 16mm push button switch?
Generally, the hole diameter of the terminals of the push button switch is around 2mm.
For this diameter size, wirings that are AWG 12, 14, up to 18 will be fine.
30. Is a 16mm push button switch a universal fit?
Yes, it is.
A universal fit can be used for electromagnetic starter, push button horn switch, relay, pc power switch, or any circuit controls.
31. Do you have to connect a relay to a 16mm push button switch?
Not necessarily unless you want to modify the direction of the electricity flow, bypass the push button switch, or create another switch.
Relays have plenty of uses in an electrical circuit.
It also reduces the flow of electric current in the primary control switch.
32. Can you use a 16mm push button switch for high voltage applications?
Yes, you can.
Typically, it can handle up to 220 volts and the lowest can be around 3 volts.
But there are push button switches specially made for high current such as the big current push button switch.
33. Is a 16mm push button switch a heavy-duty push button?
Yes, it is.
Most push button switch makers ensure that their 16mm push button switches are tough and durable that can be used in harsh environments.
You can check its IP code or IK ratings to verify if 16mm av switch is high quality.
High-quality 16mm push button switches last longer as well.
34. How does a 16mm push button switch packed for shipping?
For most standard packing, the packages would contain several pieces of push button switches in tens, hundreds, or thousands of quantities.
Generally, 16mm push button switches are placed inside a protective bag and then inside a cardboard box filled with void fillers to protect and secure them.
These boxes are then sealed properly and delivered to the customer.
Manufacturers have different packaging types for products that can be customized by the customer’s request.
Packaging example of 16mm push button switches
35. Is a 16mm push button switch have a high waterproof grade?
Yes, there is.
All 16mm push button switches are waterproof.
The waterproof feature has different levels of rating defined by its IP rating.
In general, if 16mm push button switch has an IP 65 rating it means that it is protected against jets of water.
While an IP 69K rating is the highest level of protection against water, objects, and dust.
36. Can you install a 16mm push button switch near saltwater?
Yes, you can.
Some 16mm push button switches are made of materials with high anti-rust properties that prevent corrosion of their parts. For example, piezo 16mm push button switch could be used near sea water.
37. Is a 16mm push button switch tamper-proof?
Yes, anti-vandal is one of the best features that push button switches can offer.
Manufacturers specially made 16mm push button switches in a way that it will not be easy for someone to damage them.
Warning lights push button for public use
38. What are the custom configurations you can request in a 16mm push button switch?
Some manufacturers understand that their customers may need custom configurations for their push button switches.
You can coordinate with them to check your options from the materials used, the quality grade, functions, LED light, icon design, and up to the type of terminals.
39. What is the switch resistance of a 16mm push button switch?
A 16mm push button switch resistance are the following:
- Switch Resistance when OFF: > 5 MΩ
- Switch Resistance when ON: < 20 Ω
40. What is the shock protection of 16mm push button switches?
The shock protection of a 16mm push button switch and other switches is measured by the IK rating code.
To ensure that a push button switch is durable and tough, it will undergo an impact test called the Charpy test.
In this test, the specimen or the push button switch is positioned in a Charpy pendulum impact testing machine that has an attached hammer.
The hammer is then swung to hit the push button switch and inspected for any signs of damage.
After the testing, it will be graded by the certifier using the IK rating code.
The Charpy pendulum impact testing machine
41. What is the temp range a 16mm push button switch can function?
A high-quality 16mm push button switch can handle high temperatures of up to 55 degrees celsius.
However, this temperature range can still vary depending on the recommendations of the manufacturers.
If the push button switch is exposed to a hot environment beyond its specification, it could be damaged and will no longer work properly.
42. Is a 16mm push button switch available in different colors?
Yes, they do.
Push button makers will normally have the following colors:
Other colors may be available and can be customizable.
It’s very important to consider matching the color to what function the push button switch will be used.
The IEC 60204-1 standard recommends the following colors for specific functions.
- Red – This color is best for stop, emergency, or alarm functions.
- White or Green – These are suggested for the start function or connect function.
- White or Black – Good choice for stop or disconnect function.
- Orange – This color can be used for maintenance mode or the alarm as well.
- Blue – This is recommended for reset or required action.
These are simply guidelines that you can refer to when deciding what color you would like for your push button switches.
43. What is the polarity of a 16mm push button switch?
In electrical terms, the word polarity refers to a DC circuit with positive or negative conductors.
Also, it can refer to the AC circuit with the line or neutral conductor
In an electrical circuit, the direction in which the current flow is called electrical polarity.
A 16mm push button switch has free polarity.
44. What is the actuating force needed for a 16mm push button switch?
The actuating force is the force you need to exert to press the actuator of a 16mm push button switch until the action is recognized and it delivers its function.
It is identified by the Newton unit which is used to measure the degree of force applied.
A 16mm push button switch would normally have 3 – 5 N.
Pressing an elevator push button
45. What is the newest type of a 16mm push button switch?
Many manufacturers of the push button switch always design and develop new push button switches.
It will be difficult to know what are the newest type of push button switch in the market.
It best to base it on the quality of the push button switch such as checking its IP or IK rating.
46. What are the graphic options available for a 16mm push button switch?
Generally, two graphic options are available for a 16mm push button switch.
These are the “NONE” for no marking and “LE” which stands for laser etched.
Push button with the laser-etched power symbol
47. How thick or thin a panel should be for a 16mm push button switch?
When considering mounting a push button switch, it is important to have a surface thick enough to help the switch to function properly.
A thin panel, board, or any thin material may not be stable enough to hold the push button switch or withstand the normal operating force.
The panel thickness for a 16mm push button switch should be around 1mm to 6mm.
48. What does a 16mm push button switch PBT base mean?
PBT is an acronym for Polybutylene Terephthalate.
It is considered an expensive but durable plastic that is generally used for keyboards and keycap sets.
A PBT base would mean the box that has holes provisioned for push button switches mounting and the cable wirings.
These are commonly used for controlling types of machinery, lifts, and other applications.
49. What is the insulation resistance of a 16mm push button switch?
The insulation resistance is the resistance between terminals and metal parts without electric current, between discontinuous terminals, as well as between the terminals and ground.
For a 16mm push button switch, the insulation resistance is generally greater or equal to 1000m ohm.
50. Can you connect a 16mm push button switch to two power sources?
Two power sources may have different polarities or types.
Connecting a 16mm push button switch to two power sources may cause the push button switch to spark and burn.
It is best to follow the recommended voltage of the push button switch.
This is also no longer necessary as one power source should be enough to power a single push button switch.
51. What are the mounting choices available for a 16mm push button switch?
The mounting type for a 16mm push button switch is generally the panel mount type.
The panel type can also be categorized into two types of models which are the following:
- Snap-in mounting models – These are usually held in place with a metal leaf spring or an elastic resin.
- Screw mounting models – This type has screws and nuts provided or individually specified and mounting includes tightening the screws to the specified torque.
52. What are the approvals and certifications for a 16mm push button switch?
You may oftentimes ignore the mark or seals that are on the product packaging of the items that you purchase.
We would usually recognize other most commonly known seals such as “best brands” or “satisfaction guaranteed”.
But there are several seals that a 16mm push button may have that you may not know about.
In the electronic or electrical industry, there are certifications and quality standards that are imposed by international certifying organizations or independent bodies.
These seals represent the product’s quality, features, and other important factors such as the material used to make the product.
These are something that you should know as a customer.
The following are some of the international quality standard seals that a high-quality push button switch would have:
- IP rating code – From IP65 up to IP69K, these designates a high level of protection from dust, dirt, moisture, or rain.
- IK rating – IK10 seal determines that the product is durable and robust to bear a strong impact.
- ISO Certified – This certification verifies that the manufacturing of the push button switch follows a standard and quality procedure.
- CE – This seal signifies that the manufacturer is complying with the applicable performance, environmental, health, and safety requirements.
- RoHS – This mark confirms that the product is made using within limits of hazardous material and substances that are difficult to dispose of.
- REACH – This certifies that the product is manufactured using the allowed portions of chemicals for safety.
- UL listed – This means that the product has been tested for safety and sustainability standards.
- TUV Rheinland – A seal that proves that the product is safe and quality.
International standard quality and safety seals
53. Do manufacturers engrave 16mm push button switches?
Yes, they do.
The usual engraving is the power symbol but other symbols can be requested from some manufacturers who accept customizations.
54. How long is the warranty period for a 16mm push button switch?
Most manufacturers would provide one year warranty period.
Sometimes, the warranty terms will specify the starting period, what part of the product, and warranty for each part of the product.
The warranty period would normally start from the date of delivery and 12 months from thereon.
It is best recommended to read the warranty terms for the coverage and conditions that are stipulated there.
As a consumer, it is important to know If you can have a faulty product replaced or repaired by the manufacturer and how long will it take.
1 year warranty seal for 16mm push button switch
55. If a 16mm push button switch fails, is it still covered by the warranty?
If your 16mm push button switch fails and it is within the covered warranty period, it must be returned to the vendor for replacement or repair.
The manufacturer may replace it with a new push button switch or a refurbished one which is the same type or specifications.
It is best to talk to them about the returns process which includes where to send the item back, and if the shipping cost will be shouldered by them or not.
56. How long does it take to repair a faulty 16mm push button switch?
Repairing a faulty 16mm push button switch will depend on the extent of the damage.
The manufacturer will carry out several procedures such as cleaning, inspection, and calibration before they repair the push button switch to its factory parameters.
You may be given an estimated number of days or weeks by the manufacturer but these are not guaranteed as they may be outside factors that could affect delays in the repair process.
57. What are the things not covered by the 16mm push button switch product warranty?
Some conditions are not covered by the product warranty and they could be any of the following:
- Cosmetic damage – The most common type are scratches, stains, and dents.
- Consumable parts – For example, the batteries.
- Other damages – This includes damages caused by misuse, abuse, accident, and water submersion which is beyond the product’s specifications.
- Damage caused by natural causes – Such as flood, fire, and other external causes.
Abandoned push button switches
58. Can you ask for samples when you order 16mm push button switches?
Yes, sometimes you can ask for 16mm push button switch samples from manufacturers even before placing your orders.
Some manufacturers are kind enough to provide you with several different types if you are undecided which one to purchase.
59. What are the safety precautions you need to follow when using a 16mm push button switch?
When working on 16mm push button switches, there are safety precautions that you need to follow to avoid accidents or
Here are some of them:
- Always disconnect the power supply when working on the push button switch to avoid electric shock.
- Avoid touching the terminals and electrically charged parts of the push button switch when the electric power is supplied.
- Avoid applying excessive or incorrect voltage than the voltage indicated by the manufacturer.
- Replace deteriorating push button switches as soon as possible
- Avoid incorrectly wiring the terminals.
- Never install the switch in locations where there are flammable gases are present.
- Carry the push button switch with care and avoid dropping it.
60. How do you properly store a 16mm push button switch?
When a 16mm push button switch is left unused for a long period, the ambient conditions can have a great effect on it.
This is why that electrical devices like this should be stored properly.
Some of the proper storage reminders are the following:
- Wipe the push button switch clean before storing it.
- Detach any wires that have been connected to it
- Place it inside its original box if you still have it but if not, look for another box you can use.
- Avoid stacking your push button switches on top of each other.
- Label the box and store it in a clean and dry place.
61. What happens when a push button switch is not properly stored?
The following issues can occur when a push button switch is not safely stored when not in use.
- Leaving the push button switch exposed could result in deterioration such as oxidation of the contacts and terminals.
- The contact resistance can increase causing difficulties in soldering the lead wires.
- If the switch has resin material on its head, leaving it under direct sunlight can cause discoloration of the resin material.