Langir DPDT Push Button Switch Models are Your Best Choice
As a leading professional supplier for DPDT push button switch, langir always has the ranges of products selections to match your devices. It has momentary and latching type with 2NO2NC functions.
During these years, langir’s switch has got many customers’s praise about the excellent quality. With professional engieers department’s help, our sales team will send you the instant quote in 24 hours.
How Do We Custom Your DPDT Push Button Switch?
Among the many applications of Langir DPDT push button switch are in home appliances, car control panels, and even security devices. You could choose different functions of latching and momentary.
Just like with SPDT push switch , Langir also customizes a DPDT push button switch. We can provide you with any of the six colors we readily have available for you.
Whether you want it red, yellow, orange, blue, green, or simply white, we have it at Langir. And for a more customized feel, you can specify the color you want, and we’ll prepare one for you.
Aside from colors, you can also choose the type of material you want. You can also opt to engrave letters or symbols to your DPDT push button.
Customizing yours has never been this easy. Share with us what you have in mind, and we’ll make it real for you.
It means that the pushbutton switches have the function of double pole double throw. It acts like two separate SPDT switches connected to the same switch bat.
Langir L16 series, L19A series, L25 series have this feature.
Langir provides 6 colors such as green, white, yellow, orange, red, blue.
Yes, Langir provide it.
They could be used in electrical housewares, cars control panels, security devices etc.
Langir DPDT Push Button Switch
As a leading professional supplier for push button switch, you may like Langir DPDT push button switch. It means double pole double throw. It acts like two separate SPDT switches connected to the same switch bat. This feature is mainly reflected in the L16 series, L19A series and L25 series.
Parts of a push button switch
The function has momentary type and latching type. When you press the switch and then move your finger, the actuator will return to the original position. This is momentary function. When you press the switch, it will change state and remain in this pushdown position; when you push it again, it will return to the original position. This is called latching function. Many people like to use ON OFF or alternative to indicate this function.
No matter for momentary or latching type, this switch has 2NO2NC– 2 normally open, 2 normally close. You or your customers have more choices for different usages. End users like to install them in the car, coffee machine, bank alert system etc.
Push button switches packages
DPDT push button switch panel cutout is 16mm, 19mm, 25mm. The tolerance for the hole size is less than 0.5mm. For example, for 19mm, the hoel size could be between 19.0 from 19.5mm. Otherwise if the hole is too big, when you install the switch on the panel, the raindrops maybe seep into the inner of the panel and the wetness will decrease the device life. You may remind your customers to note this.
We have professional before and after-sales service team and strong technical support. If you have any inquiries or consulting, you could get your positive feedback within 8 hours. Contact us today for the quick solution!
DPDT Push Button Switch – FAQ guide
In this FAQ guide, you will be learning everything. You will discover its many different types, shapes, colors, sizes, and many other kinds that you may not be familiar with.
Aside from that, you will also learn about its many uses that you can take inspiration from to experience the convenience and safety of them.
In this guide, you will also get our best advice about how you can choose the switch with the highest quality, therefore, putting more value on your money.
Read on to learn more about the DPDT push button switch and be more aware of your choices as a consumer.
1. What is the DPDT push button switch?
The DPDT or double pole and double throw push button switch have two input terminals and four output terminals and has six terminals in total.
The DPDT push button switch can also be considered as two SPDT switches combined.
Its other terminologies used for it are double pole double throw push button switch.
Generally, it is used as an on-on and the on-off-on type of switch function.
Fun Fact: The most feared button in the world is not real
Since the 1880s, people feared about one button that could blow up the entire world.
This is simply a baseless fear brought about by the development of push button switches and their growing number of applications during that time.
But it is popularly used by world leaders to impose power and fear over their enemies such as saying that they have a button sitting on their desk that can launch a nuclear war if they press it.
Fortunately, nuclear wars are more complex than simply pushing a button and it is also very expensive and unnecessary.
2. Does the DPDT push button switch work similarly to regular switches?
Yes, the DPDT push button switch works similarly to most standard push button switches.
To activate it, you will need to push the actuator down just like what you need to do in a standard push button switch.
The DPDT push button switch also looks similar to the rest but with a few reservations such as the materials used, the color, and its quality.
3. What are the sections of the DPDT push button switch?
Similar to other standard push button switches, the DPDT push button switch.
The outside of the switch has the following sections:
- Actuator – This is also called the DPDT button or the switch’s head and it has different designs, shapes, and illuminated options.
- Enclosure – Also known as the body, shell, or casing of the switch which houses the internal parts of the switch and holds all the parts together.
- Pins – These are the metal terminals where the wirings are soldered to or screwed.
The internal sections of the DPDT push button switch:
- LED – If it is DPDT switch with led, it will have a LED chip inside it located below the actuator.
- Spring – This allows the movement of the actuator every time you push it.
- Contacts – These are stationary and movable contacts that make contact which opens or closes the circuit.
Parts of a push button switch
4. What are the choices for selecting the DPDT push button switch?
Manufacturers provide you with many choices for DPDT push button switches.
From its size, color, material, illumination, and so on,
Here are some of the selections you can find in the market today:
- Diameter size of the DPDT push button switch:
There could be DPDT push button switches that are smaller or bigger than the sizes listed above however the sizes indicated on the list are the most common ones.
- Shapes of the DPDT push button switch:
- Round DPDT push button switch
- Square DPDT push button switch
- Mini DPDT push button switch
- Low Profile push button switch
- Actuator options for the DPDT push button switch:
- Flat head
- Ring symbol
- Power symbol
- Ring and power symbol
- Laser etched head
- Backlit symbol
- Terminal options for the DPDT push button switch:
- Solder lug terminals
- Screw type terminals
Different types of push button switches
5. What do manufacturers use to make DPDT push button switches?
Manufacturers use different materials to make their DPDT push button switches.
Some of the materials used for the body but not limited to are listed below:
- Stainless steel (304 / 316 grade)
- Black metal shell
- Aluminum (Anodized available in different colors such as red, blue, yellow, green, orange, or simply natural)
- Nickel plated Brass
For the illuminated types, the actuator can be made from the same materials as the body or it can also be made with plastic, ceramic, or resin material.
You may find that some DPDT push button switches are made with two or three combinations of different materials.
6. Where is the DPDT push button switch generally used for?
There are many uses of DPDT push button switches.
Among the many of its applications are the most common ones, such as in home appliances, control switches in cars, and even for home security purposes.
Aside from that, there are also other applications of the DPDT push button switch that you may not be familiar with such as the following:
- Vending machines
- Water dispensers
- Medical and medicinal equipment
- Restaurants and cafes
- Food processing and packing industries
- Cosmetic manufacturing industries
- Car wash systems
- Agriculture and farming equipment
- Gas stations
- Security doors
There could be many others more that are not listed here.
DPDT push button switches are versatile and you can see them almost anywhere you go.
Different uses DPDT push button switch
7. How do you test a DPDT push button switch if it’s working or not?
Testing a DPDT push button switch is easy to do but you will need to prepare your tools so you can test it properly.
What you will need is the following:
- DPDT push button switch
And here are the steps:
- Switch the ohmmeter on to test it while randomly selecting any function.
- Connect the leads into the ohmmeter and test the leads by having the probes touch each other.
- You’ll see 1 ohm or less on the ohmmeter display when the probes are touching each other and if there’s none or a higher ready, the ohmmeter may not be functioning properly.
- Then take the red lead and connect it to one of the terminals of the DPDT push button switch then take the black one to connect to the other terminal.
- If the switch is on the “on” position the ohmmeter should display 1 ohm.
- While when it is on the “off” position, the ohmmeter will display “OL” which means that the switch has a very high resistance.
- Try to turn the switch on and off once or twice to confirm the changes in the ohmmeter display.
- If the values in the ohmmeter change from 1 ohm to “OL” while you turn the switch “on” and “off” which indicates that it is in good working condition.
- If the values in the ohmmeter do not change, that detects that the DPDT push button switch is not working.
You may contact your manufacturer or your vendor for a possible replacement or repair.
Otherwise, you can purchase another DPDT push button switch and this time, be careful in choosing your switch.
Always look for high quality DPDT push button switches manufactured by trusted companies only.
8. Does the DPDT push button switch have a long life?
Yes, but this depends on the quality of the DPDT push button switch.
Generally, if the switch is graded high quality, its working life is higher than those graded average quality.
A high quality DPDT push button switch would usually have 1,000,000 mechanical life cycles and 200,000 electrical life cycles.
These values may differ based on the materials used to make the switch and the manufacturer’s specifications.
You can find this information on the products’ data sheet or catalog but you can also confirm this with the manufacturer.
9. What are the good aspects of the DPDT push button switch?
Since the DPDT push button switches are used in many types of industries globally, it is widely regarded as a switch with many good aspects.
Aside from the many different options, it can give you as a consumer, it is also a switch that:
- Does not occupy too much space
- Is easy to install and use
- Has strong and secured installation
- Is affordable and budget friendly
- Helps lessen safety risks
- Are universal switches which can be used in any applications
When you’re already using the DPDT push button switch, you may realize other good things about it.
They are easy to clean too and require little maintenance or none at all.
You can purchase the DPDT push button switch through the manufacturers or you can also find them in most marketplaces online or in your local hardware store.
10. How strong is the DPDT push button switch?
Electronic and electrical devices undergo a certain certification to test how strong the enclosure of the device is.
This is the same with the DPDT push button switch.
It is submitted to a series of impact resistance tests which determines the push button switch’s material’s strength which protects its external and internal parts.
This internationally recognized test is known as the IK rating or impact protection rating.
The IK rating has several tests that have a corresponding level of protection.
If the DPDT push button switch passes a certain level, it will be provided the corresponding level of protection rating.
The highest protection rating level is IK10.
You can better understand by checking the figure below:
11. What are the different amp specifications of the DPDT push button switch?
The DPDT push button switches have different voltage ratings made by the manufacturers to accommodate the needs of your application. You can find amp specifications like 2 amperes, 3 amperes, up to 5 amperes.
The LED would have a different voltage which will indicate the LED color or the intensity of the LED’s brightness. The LED may be rated 3.3 volts, 6 volts, 12 volts, 24 volts, 36 volts, 110 volts, and 220 volts.
The red LED has the lowest voltage of all and it was the first LED color ever developed. While the green and yellow color would have a voltage that is a little higher than the red LED. And the colors blue and white have the highest.
12. What is the mounting type of the DPDT push button switch?
The DPDT push button switch has different mounting types like the following:
- Panel mount – The switch is installed in panels, external case, switch box, etc.
- Surface mount – The switch is mounted on top of the surface area.
- Flush mount – The switch is fitted in a hole which is ideal for better surface clearance.
The product information or your manufacturer will advise you of the mounting type of the DPDT push button switch you have chosen.
13. What are the soldering heat conditions of the DPDT push button switch?
When soldering the DPDT push button switch make sure that you are using the right size of electrical wires that are appropriate for the voltage.
Some manufacturers will include the soldering guide for your wiring installation that includes the solder recommended temperatures and another important soldering.
However, the lists below are some soldering tips you can refer to when wiring the DPDT push button switch.
- Solder with 25° angle
- Use conductor size between 0.5 to 0.75 mm2
- When doing hand soldering, use 30 watts and solder within 5 seconds
- When doing dip soldering, use 240° and solder within 3 seconds then let the terminal sit for about a minute before applying any external force.
- Avoid touching the terminal plate when soldering or it may melt.
- Make sure that the wirings are not touching the switch.
- Maintain enough clearance or distance between wires to avoid short circuits and the switch from failing.
Soldering the terminals of any switch requires careful handling but if you are not quite familiar on how to solder, you can also choose to purchase the DPDT push button switch with included pigtail connectors or purchase the pigtail connectors separately.
The pigtail connectors already have wires attached to them and there’s no need to solder the terminals anymore.
Simply plug the switch into the pigtail connectors and connect the other ends of the wires to the power source and your device or equipment.
As you can see, the wiring process is faster and you can enjoy your DPDT push button switch finished project right away.
Soldering iron station
14. How to ensure safety when using the DPDT push button switch?
When dealing with any electrical devices, it is essential to practice safety to avoid any untoward incidents.
This is the same when using the DPDT push button switch which is also an electrical device.
Before mounting the switch, please see to it that you have the following measures for your own safety:
- Switch off the mains or the power source if you are working on live wires.
- Prevent making contact with parts that have live current flowing.
- Identify the voltage capacity of the switch and match the right voltage of the power supply.
- Inspect the switch for any visible corrosion signs or damage for a possible repair or replacement.
- Make sure to understand the wiring guide first before starting the wiring process.
- Work on a safe area without any flammable gas around to prevent sparks and fire incidents.
Your manufacturer may also provide you with paperwork that can include their set of safety measures before and during the installation of the DPDT push button switch.
15. How can you do a panel installation for the DPDT push button switch?
The DPDT push button switch can be easily installed however, being prepared and doing the installation properly can help faster installation and avoid wasting a good switch.
The following tools are recommended for the installation:
- The DPDT push button switch
- A panel cutout as your guide
- A panel, board, or the material where you will be installing the switch
- Hand drill or hole saw
- For screw type terminals you need a screwdriver
- For solder lug type terminals, you will need a soldering iron and lead
Here are the simple steps you can refer to when you do the installation of the DPDT push button switch.
- Prepare the panel where you will be installing the switch.
- Trace the panel cutout and cut a hole on the panel using the hole saw.
- Try to check if the switch fits properly through the hole.
- Then to the switch, prepare the tools you need to wire it.
- Remove the tightening nut from the switch.
- Connect the wirings to the terminals as instructed in the wiring guide.
- Insert the switches through the hole and fasten the nut back to the switch.
- Connect the ends of the wirings to the power source and the device,
- Test the DPDT push button switch.
Sometimes you will need a relay to include in your circuit when the power supply is too high for the switch.
When installing the switch on circuits with a direct power supply and complex wirings involved, it is best to consult a licensed electrician for professional installation and your safety as well.
Drill arbor holesaw
16. Why does the DPDT push button switch get hot or warm?
You may notice that the DPDT push button switch gets unusually hot or warm.
There are a few reasons why such as it may not be properly installed, wrong wiring connection, the switch is low quality or the power supplied to the switch is too high.
Check if any of these are the reasons and refrain from using the switch for safety.
Contact your manufacturer to inform them about the problem to get some solutions to fix it.
If in case the switch is faulty, you may need to return it to the manufacturer for repair or possible product replacement.
17. Are there known issues with the DPDT push button switch?
Aside from what was mentioned earlier, you may encounter other issues on the DPDT push button switch for some reason.
Sometimes these things happen especially when the product is already out of warranty.
But there are some quick fixes that you can do that could revive a good old switch.
Some of the common issues, causes, and possible fixes are below:
- Poor contact
- This can be due to contacts that are burned out, the spring is corroded, or the external surface of the switch is dusty.
- You can try to replace the contacts or the spring and wipe the surface of the switch.
- Short circuit
- Inside the switch, there’s a plastic thermal which could have been deformed over the years or there could be piled up dirt in between the contacts especially if the switch is not totally sealed.
- You can try to replace the thermal and clean any build up dirt around the contacts.
18. Does a DPDT push button switch have a self-locking feature?
Yes, the DPDT push button switch has a self locking feature and no locking feature as well.
The self locking feature works like a ballpen with a button, when you press the button it stays recessed until you press it again and it springs back to its original position.
This is thanks to a simple locking mechanism embedded inside the device that stops the actuator from springing back up.
19. How do you wire the DPDT push button switch with the LED always “on” and the LED only “on” when the switch is actuated?
Wiring the DPDT push button switch with or without the LED can be done easily.
Let’s say you have a 5-pin switch and the pins have labels such as the following:
- Positive terminal
- Negative terminal
- Normally closed
- Normally open
Here’s how you can wire with the LED always on:
- Solder the positive and normally open terminals together then connect the wire to the power source
- Connect the common to your device
- Negative terminal wire to ground
- The LED will stay remain lit
Wiring with LED always lit
And here’s how you can wire the LED to only light up when you press the button of the switch:
- Solder the positive and normally open terminals together then connect the wire to your device
- Connect the common to the power source
- The negative terminal wire to ground
- The LED will only light up with you push the switch
Wiring with LED only when pushed
Manufacturers will often include the wiring instructions along with your DPDT push button switch orders.
You can also find this instruction on the manufacturer’s website, product listings, or advertisements.
But if you were not able to receive the wiring instructions, you can also try to contact the manufacturer via phone or email and request for them to send it over to you.
20. Can you use the DPDT push button switch for auto refit purposes?
Yes, the DPDT push button switch is also ideal for auto refit purposes.
They are great for power window controls, audio controls, headlights and fog lights switch, horn buttons, and so on.
You will find both classic and modern cars with control buttons replaced by DPDT push button switches.
Some people do the DIY installation to save money from professional fees but hiring a mechanic to perform the job for you is a time saver since they are experienced in car modification jobs.
Classic car dashboard
21. Can you use the DPDT push button switch for door and gate entrances?
Yes, you can.
Another good thing about the DPDT push button switch is the security that it provides.
It can’t be easily opened or tampered with so you can use it for your door and gate switches.
Whether you build your own entrance control device or replace your existing ones, a high quality DPDT push button switch will do the job right.
22. Is the DPDT push button switch good for household appliances control buttons?
Yes, it is ideal as a control button for household appliances.
For example, as replacement of the controls for the washing machine, cooking stove, coffee maker, etc.
Aside from that, the DPDT push button switch can also be used to replace the switches of stand lamps, desk lamps, ceiling fans, and many more.
Push button on appliances
23. How to modify your DPDT push button switch?
If you prefer to have a unique switch for your house or your business, you can request some modifications or customization of your DPDT push button switch.
Some manufacturers accommodate these requests to provide better switch solutions for their customers.
They understand that some customers have their own needs or their preferences when it comes to push button switches that are not available in the market.
Here are some of the things you can request from your manufacturer for the customization of your DPDT push button switch:
- You can request a change in the material used and select from the other materials the manufacturer has available.
- You can ask for a specific diameter size if possible.
- You can send your business logo or your own designed logo to imprint on the switch.
- You can also request a specific color or colors of the switch.
- You can also ask for other operational types of the switch such as self locking or touch sensor.
There could be more modification options that the manufacturer can provide you which are not included on the list above.
24. Does the DPDT push button switch need maintenance?
Even though a high quality DPDT push button switch requires little to low maintenance, knowing how to care for it properly can help in making their work life last even longer.
It can also help keep the appearance of the switch in good quality and prevent it from getting damaged.
Here are some of the simple ways on how you can maintain your DPDT push button switch in good working condition.
- Handle them with care
- Despite being made from durable materials, improper handling such as dropping the DPDT push button switches frequently can cause the internal contacts to loosen which can cause switch failure.
- Don’t push the button using sharp objects
- Pushing the DPDT push button switch using sharp objects can cause visible damage to the actuator and decrease the quality of its appearance.
- You can use your finger or safe finger tools to press the button without making contact.
- Wipe the DPDT push button switch’s surface regularly
- Generally, push button switches are dust proof but you can still wipe them using a clean tissue or cloth to remove deep seated dirt.
- Utilize the DPDT push button switch within its recommended use
- For example, do not use non waterproof switches for outdoor installations or near water environments.
- Or non vandal proof switches when they will be used frequently or in public.
- Don’t put the DPDT push button switch under direct sunlight
- Placing them under direct sunlight can cause the color of the switch to quickly fade and can also cause material deterioration.
- It can also cause higher resistance when pressing the button due to failing interior contacts.
- If you will not use it yet, store the DPDT push button switch properly
- It is important to store unused DPDT push button switches properly so that you can help maintain their quality and use them in the future.
- You can store them inside their original box or any similar container and place them in a cool and dry place.
- Store it on the top of the shelves and away from the reach of children.
- It is also a good idea to place a label on the box, big enough for you to read to easily locate them.
Storing switches properly