Vandalproof switch, panel cutout 16mm, switch max rating 5A 250VAC
Vandalproof switch, panel cutout 19mm, switch max rating 5A 250VAC
Vandalproof switch, panel cutout 19mm, switch max rating 0.3A 12 VDC
Vandalproof switch, panel cutout 22mm, switch max rating 5A 250VAC
Capacitive switch, panel cutout 22mm, large or thin ring
- Various sizes, ratings, and terminations to allow for virtually unlimited configurations
- Langir offers 3 types of wiring ways to save your time.
- Engineers’ powerful support
Customize Your Illuminated Push Button Switch
Langir provides a comprehensive choice of illuminated push button switch. That includes everything from a miniature version, super short, high current, to programmable.
Our illuminated push button switch can be highly customized into various sizes, ratings, and even terminations to allow practically limitless modifications.
All these are made possible to match your demands. In fact, getting a customized illuminated push button switch is made easy with Langir.
Aside from the voltage levels, we also allow customization of colors. Presently, we have the following colors: red, blue, green, yellow, orange, and white.
But because your satisfaction is at the top of our priority, we also welcome your freedom of choosing any color that we haven’t mentioned above. You can also opt to combine the colors you prefer on your illuminated push switch.
You may opt to get an illuminated led push button switch with a bicolor or tricolor. Additionally, we offer value-added services to our customers.
Let’s say you want a translucent power symbol, or a laser-etched, then we can make it for you. You can share your concept with us, either through a design or a drawing, and we’ll actualize it for you. Langir illuminated push button switch will satisfy you and your customers.
You can also be assured that we only make illuminated push button switch that is of high-quality.
Sure. So happy to do so.
Drawing or samples, any is ok. Once started, we will be responsible for the end.
We could send you different courier fees for your comparison. If you have freight collect account, that will be great.
Usually T/T, L/C at sight, Cash, Paypal, Alipay is optional.
For small orders, we usually T/T 100% in advance or Paypal. For big orders, 30% T/T in advance, 70% after the bill of lading copy. We welcome you to check the goods at any time.
Langir Illuminated Push Button Switch
For more than a decade, Langir has focused on the development of illuminated push button switches and continues to provide you with more reliable and ideal illuminated push button switches. Langir is your best choice if you are looking for such a tool.
Langir Illuminated pushbuttons are available in various sizes, ratings, and terminations to allow for virtually unlimited configurations. Various sizes are from 8mm to 40mm to match your demands.
Langir provides safety voltage below 36vdc and low voltage under 250vac. For terminations to connect the cable, Langir offers 3 types of wiring ways to save your time. Just an idea, we can do everything for you.
Langir illuminated push button switches have a complete range of led colors available for single color, bi-color, and tri-color. At present, we have green, blue, white, orange, yellow, red. If you ask for a special color, we can make it.
Langir’s value-added services include laser-etched, power symbol transparent, and pre-wired and connectors.
Langir illuminated pushbutton switches are designed for a variety of different applications such as transportation, industrial control, parking, bus system, bike system, etc.
Ask us now! Your inquiry will get our soonest reply in 8 hours.
Illuminated Push Button Switch – FAQ guide
In this FAQ guide, you will learn many amazing things about the illuminated push button switch.
You will discover its different types, its wide variety of illumination colors, and other things you will only learn in this FAQ guide.
Above all, you will also learn about some wiring instructions that can guide you on your future wiring and installation needs.
Read our FAQ guide to know more about this fascinating technology, the illuminated push button switch.
1. What is the illuminated push button switch?
Different illuminated push button types
The illuminated push button switch is an electromechanical switch that has illumination hence it has the ability to always produce light all the time or just whenever the actuator is pressed.
The main reason why the illuminated push button switch is developed is to help the user to easier locate the switch in a dark room or space.
There are other terms used to refer to the illuminated push button switch such as the illuminated button switch, illuminated button, illuminated round push button switches, illuminated type push button switch, push button illuminated, push button illuminated switch, illuminated switches push button, push button switch with light, or push button with light.
The earliest recorded invention of the illuminated switch was the household LED illuminated light switch which was introduced back in the middle of the 1950s.
It was a single pole switch with an incorporated “neon” lamp that only needs a small amount of current which was worked seamlessly with halogen lighting, incandescent lamps, and non-electronic fluorescent fixtures.
Eventually, the neon lamp was replaced by LED which has lower energy consumption, smaller size, longer life, and faster switching and is usually used for the illuminated light switch for LED lights.
Neon lamp light switch
2. How does the illuminated push button switch light up?
The illuminated push button switch works similar to standard push button switches but because it has an illuminating element inside it, there’s a significant difference in its inner workings.
The illuminating element lights up depending on how you wire the illuminated push button switch.
You can wire it for the illuminating element to be always on, the illuminating element will stay on all the time even when the button is in its default state.
And another way is for the illuminating element to light up only when the button is pressed.
For the LED illuminated light switch, it emits light due to the electroluminescence phenomenon where the LED element lights in reaction to the passage of an electric current.
Unlike neon lamps, the LED illuminated pushbutton’s brightness remains the same no matter which angle you look at it.
The light emitted is consistent and well perceived by the human eyes.
You will find other kinds of labels such as the illuminated LED dimmer switch, push button LED lights, push button LED switch, push button LED light switches, or LED push button light switch.
Multicolored LED lights
3. What are the parts and sections comprising the illuminated push button switches?
The illuminated push button switches are composed of several parts that each play an important role in their appearance and operation.
The commonly known parts are the following:
- Usually called the button and sometimes called as the actuator in a more technical term.
- This is the part of the switch that you press to activate the illuminated push button switch.
Also referred to as the LED or LED chip that is responsible for lighting the illuminated LED push button switch.
Otherwise called the enclosure of the illuminated push button switch. This houses the electrical parts of the switch in one unit.
Also called terminals where the wirings are connected via soldering or clamping depending on its type.
- Mounting flange
This is the hex cut mounting nut that is fastened along the grooves of the illuminated push button switch at the back of the panel.
Also known as the rubber seal that is positioned below the actuator to seal the mounting of the illuminated push button switch.
These lines are the narrow cuts or depressions along the body of the switch where you insert the mounting flange.
These parts are known since they are the only ones visible to us; there are also other parts of the illuminated push button switch that makes up the inside of the switch.
These include the stationary and movable contacts, metal spring, and for some types, a module unit, ceramic plate, and other important parts.
Parts of the push button switch
4. What are your options when shopping for the illuminated push button switch?
The illuminated push button switches are diverse, there’s a wide array of different types you can choose from.
Some of the types of illuminated push button switches are the following:
- Anti vandal illuminated push button switch
- Waterproof illuminated push button switch
- Automotive illuminated push button switch
- Sensor illuminated push button switch
- Piezo illuminated push button switch
- Metal illuminated push button switch
- Illuminated LED push button switch
- Illuminated momentary push button switch
- Illuminated latching push button switch
- Ultra short illuminated push button switch
- Modern doorbell illuminated push button switch
- Reset illuminated push button switch
- Emergency illuminated push button switch
- Power symbol illuminated push button switch
There are other types of illuminated push button switches depending on what manufacturers can produce to provide for their customers.
Waterproof illuminated push button switches
5. What are the varieties of classifications of the illuminated push button switch?
The illuminated push button switch has a long list of classification varieties that you can choose from as the classifications show on the following tables:
|8 mm||Flathead||Solder lug|
|10 mm||Raised / High raised||Screw type|
|12 mm||Squarehead||Flying leads|
|16 mm||Chamfer head||Feed-through style|
|19 mm||Laser etched head||Quick connector blade|
Aside from the basic diameter sizes, actuator, and terminal types, there are also classifications when it comes to the illumination style of the illuminated push button switch as shown in the table below:
|Illumination style||LED colors||Bi Colors|
|Non-illuminated||Red||Red and green|
|Dot illuminated||Blue||Red and yellow|
|Full illuminated||Green||Red and blue|
|Ring illuminated (Large or thin)||Yellow||Red and white|
|Power backlit symbol||Green||Green and blue|
|Ring illuminated and power symbol||Orange||Green and yellow|
|Backlit label symbol||White||Green and white|
|Bi-color||Blue and yellow|
|Tri-color||Blue and white|
|Yellow and white|
You may also find different features of the illumination such as the following:
Flashing is attention seeking indicator that does not require external electronics or additional wirings. Most flashing illuminated push button switches emit one light color, some types emit multiple colors and other more sophisticated types have a fade through a color sequence with the use of RGB color mixing.
Bi-color illuminated push button switches have two different LED emitters in one unit. There are two types of LED emitters:
- One type has two dies connected to two leads opposite to each other and the current flow is in one direction and emits one color while the current that flows in the other direction produces the other color.
- The other type has two dies connected to two leads separately and another lead for the common anode or cathode therefore they are controlled individually
The most common bi-color combinations are the following:
- Red and green
- Red and yellow
- Red and blue
- Red and white
- Green and blue
- Green and yellow
- Green and white
- Blue and yellow
- Blue and white
- Yellow and white
- Tri-color illuminated push button switch contains three colors which means it has three different LED emitters in one unit.
- The emitters are connected to separate leads and can be controlled individually.
- Typically, there’s a four lead arrangement with one anode or cathode and then another lead for the color but there are others that only have two leads, positive and negative, and integrated with an electronic controller.
RGB SMD LED:
- This consists of red, green, and blue LEDs which can be individually adjusted.
- This type capable of emitting a wide color gamut but does not produce pure wavelengths and modules can’t be optimized for color blending.
- This contains several emitters that release different colors produced by two lead wires and colors can be changed by varying the voltage supply.
Dual color backlit LED:
- Two-color options can be emitted by the backlit push button switch when it is turned off.
Dual LED backlit function
6. What illumination element types are available for the illuminated push button switch?
The majority of the illuminated push button switches nowadays use LED as their illumination element, however, you may find other types such that are using neon lamps or fluorescent illuminating elements.
Neon lamps are more suited for higher voltage applications such as 110 VAC to 240 VAC and sometimes for voltages more than 90 VDC.
While fluorescent types usually are suitable for lower AC or DC voltages.
In comparison, LED is by far the most practical and energy-efficient.
7. What is the voltage classification for the illuminated push button switch?
Just like other electrical switches, the Illuminate push button switches make or break the current flow in an electrical circuit.
When the electrical circuit is broken, an arc or spark phenomenon happens to the contacts.
The speed of breaking the circuit varies depending on whether the electricity is an AC current or alternating current or DC current or direct current.
AC current also has variable direction and magnitude and because it changes direction the voltage regularly reverses and generates “current zeros” a couple of times within a cycle.
The “current zeros” helps in quickly eradicating the arc when the circuit is broken.
DC current works a bit differently.
It flows steadily in one direction and because of this, it takes a while to completely eradicated the arcs.
In time, this damages the contacts, therefore, leading to overheating.
Therefore, choosing a 12v illuminated push button switch or 24 VDC is more suitable for applications with a lower supply of voltage such as a 12v battery.
You may find other types labeled as 12v illuminated switch, illuminated 12v switch, or 24 V DC illuminated.
While if you have UK-rated electricity, it is more suitable to select a 240VAC rated illuminated push button switch.
Other voltage options are 3.3V, 6V, 12V, 24V, 36V, 110V, and 220V.
8. What are the functions and default state classifications of the illuminated push button switch?
The illuminated push button switches are also classified according to their function and default state types.
These classifications are also necessary when you are choosing the right illuminated push button switch to ensure that its functions will match what you require for its application.
- Illuminated push button momentary switch
- In this function type, the actuator does spring back to its default state when you press and release it.
- Illuminated latching push button switch
- Unlike the illuminated momentary push button type, the illuminated latching push button switch maintains its position when you press it until you press it again.
While the default states of the switch are classified into two types which are:
- Normally open illuminated push button switch
- In this default state, the contacts are always open as their default state and when you press the actuator the contacts close therefore letting the electric current flow.
- Normally closed illuminated push button switch
- In this default state, the contacts are always closed as their default state and when you press the actuator, you break the connection of the contacts as well as the flow of the electric current.
When it comes to defining the types of switches in an electrical circuit, the following terms are used to differentiate the different extreme positions of the switch and the number of poles and throws they have.
|Expanded term||Single Pole Single Throw||Single Pole Double Throw||Double Pole Single Throw||Double Pole Double Throw|
|Other terms||On and off switch, two-way switch||A/B switch|
|It has only one “on” position that can connect and disconnect the two terminals.||It has two “on” positions and only one input terminal while having two output terminals.||It has two “on” positions that control two circuits and two input terminals while having only one output terminal.||It can control two terminals for its input and output and can be used as a single-pole switch.|
Different types of illuminated push button switch in the electrical circuit
9. What is the brightness of the illuminated push buttons switch?
The brightness of the illuminated push button switches is also defined as “luminous intensity” and it varies from color to color.
In photometry, luminous intensity is defined as the measurement of the light power emitted in wavelengths by the light source which is in this case the light coming from the illuminated push button switch.
The human eye perceives light within a visible spectrum which is only a portion of the electromagnetic spectrum which is the range of electromagnetic frequencies and their wavelengths and photon energies.
The table below shows different LED colors of the illuminated push button switch and its luminous intensity and forward voltage.
|LED Color||Luminous Intensity||Forward Voltage|
|Red||160||1.8 to 2.6|
|Green||520||2.8 to 3.6|
Illuminated push button switch with symbols
10. What does forward voltage mean in illuminated push button switches?
The term forward voltage refers to the voltage applies to the LED of an illuminated push button switch.
This voltage travels across the leads of the LED, from the anode to the cathode for it to turn on.
When flow is reversed, it is called the reverse voltage instead of forwarding voltage and therefore the LED will not light up.
Forward voltage also refers to the positive voltage that is supplied across the anode and cathode of the LED.
There are different voltage requirements for different kinds of LED illuminated push button switches.
Also, LED illuminated push button switches that are less bright tends to requires less voltage as well therefore this means that brighter LED illuminated push button switches require higher voltage.
For example, a typical voltage required for a less bright LED is 1.7 volts.
While for high brightness LED illuminated push button switch would require higher voltage which also varies based on the LED color like for example:
- Red – low current, 1.9 volts
- Orage and yellow – 2 volts
- Green – 2.1 volts
- White and blue – 3.4 volts to 3.6 volts
To ensure that the voltage is completely dropped across the LED; you can opt for a voltage higher than the forward voltage of the LED.
For example, you can use a 3 voltage supply for low voltage LEDs or use 4.5 volts for those with 3.4 forward voltage.
It is also recommended to add a resistor in the circuit to control the excess current flow and avoid the LED from burning out.
Typically there’s about 20mA current flowing through the LED.
Also, ensure that you consider the maximum current capacity of the LED illuminated push button switch and you avoid exceeding it.
LED forward voltage
11. How many years is the average service life of the illuminated push button switch?
The service life of the illuminated push button switch on average is quite long.
In general, the illuminated push button switch would have around 1,000,000 mechanical life cycles which pertain to its mechanical parts while 200,000 electrical life cycles for its electrical parts.
The LED service life is always known to have a relatively long life and can last up to 50,000 hours of working life.
Other illumination types would have way lesser service life than LED illuminated push button switches.
You must remember that the service life of the illuminated push button switch can be affected by several factors:
- There are different types of illuminated push button switches that are suitable for specific applications and environment and sometimes when you use it for an environment
- For example, if you need an illuminated push button switch for an environment where it will be exposed to water, you may need a water resistant type of illuminated push button switch.
- Rate of recurrence
- The frequency of how the illuminated push button switch is used also affects its service life.
- When it comes to high usage frequency, it is best to use an anti vandal illuminated push button switch since this type can endure this kind of usage for it is specially made robust and durable.
- Abuse and forceful use
- Sometimes when the illuminated push button switch is abused such as the forceful push of the button or using sharp objects to press the button, it can cause irreparable damage and shortens its life.
- For this kind of usage, the anti vandal illuminated push button switch is a suitable option.
- The vibration movement may cause the parts of an illuminated push button switch to loosen up which can affect its performance or eventually end its service life.
- Once again, it is best to use an anti vandal illuminated push button switch in this kind of condition.
- Sometimes when an illuminated push button switch is used in an environment where the temperature exceeds what is recommended by the manufacturer; its internal parts may quickly burn out.
- The illuminated push button switch may react to a humid environment causing the actuator to be highly resistive when pushed or the parts to corrode and not to work anymore.
- You should opt for the metal illuminated push button switch that is suitable in a humid environment.
- A high quality illuminated push button switch is more true to its advertised service life than those with poor quality.
There may be other factors that can affect the service life of the illuminated push button switch.
Remember to only purchase from a trusted manufacturer to ensure high quality illuminated push button switches.
Illuminated push button switch application on elevator buttons
12. What are the applications and operations where the illuminated push button switches are used for?
The illuminated push button switches are popularly used for common things such as the lighting switch, kitchen appliances, telephones, magnetic locks, and many other mechanical and electronic devices in different domestic and industrial use.
Imagine walking around the house at night where all the lights are off, the bright light of the illuminated push button light switch can easily guide you to it so you can switch on the lights.
Not only that, but push button switches are also popularly used for doorbells and the illuminated push button switch is a great option for it.
The illuminated push button switch is also used in complicated operation machines with various buttons where functions are distinguished by their colors.
For example, the red illuminated push button switch is oftentimes used as the power button to stop button.
When the illuminated push button switches are used in industrial applications, their colors strictly follow an international standard.
And because the illuminated push button switches are perfect for industrial applications, they are also used in advanced machine controls to operate multiple processes and programs differentiated by their different colors.
The illuminated push button switch is used in many applications; you can also see them in the gaming industries such as the casino, arcades, and so on.
Different applications of the illuminated push button switch
13. What is the color standard that the illuminated push button switches follow?
Each color of the illuminated push button switch can mean something important or critical.
This is based on the IEC 60204-1 “Safety of Machinery” standard of 1997 where it is recommended to use a standard color scheme for all types of switches that would indicate its importance.
The following table provides the purpose and examples of the illuminated push button switches:
|Red||Urgent||Emergency, danger, alert, or urgent||Emergency stop button and emergency switching off actuators|
|Blue||Required||Mandatory operations, a change link signal, or reset after an emergency||Reset button|
|Green||The normal or “on” status||Normal condition, “on” switch, start button, and go action||Power button|
|Yellow||Caution or error||Caution||Needs repair button|
|Amber||Caution||Acknowledgment, reset, alarms, or maintenance mode||Reset button, maintenance button, alarm switch|
|Black||General meaning||For general purpose, not for an emergency button, or neutral conditions||Priority button, stop/off, start/on, or reset button|
|Gray||illuminated push on push off switch, illuminated push pull switch, illuminated push switch, illuminated push buttons, stop/off, start/on, reset button|
Different safety of machinery color compliance
14. What are the advantages of choosing the illuminated push button switches for your application needs?
The illuminated push button switch offers numerous advantages such as the following:
- Robust materials
- Reliable for any situation
- Various sizes and colors
- Easy to operate
- Speed of installation
- Light indicator to define its use and status
- Energy efficient
- Long useful life
- Value for money
- Available worldwide
It is important to highlight here that the illuminated push button switch is easy to operate because it only requires you to push the button without the need to pull it or twist it.
This removes the confusion during emergencies since there are no complex actions to be done to activate the illuminated push button switch except for pressing the button.
Even in the manufacturing industries, the illuminated push button switches’ easy operation allows the production to be on time which also means preventing financial loss brought about delays in production due to faulty switches.
15. How to connect the illuminated push button switch for doorbells?
In this installation, you may need two illuminated momentary switches.
We are going to guide you on how to connect it to a wired doorbell whether you want to replace a broken doorbell button or simply wanted to have a better doorbell button and this time with an illumination feature.
- Connect one wire from the terminal of the illuminated push button to the transformer of the wired doorbell.
- Then another wire connects the other terminal of the illuminated push button switch to one of the three terminals of the signaling device.
- Connect a wire from the second terminal of the signaling device to the other terminal of the transformer.
If you have another doorbell which is usually located at the back door:
- Connect a wire on one of the terminals of the second illuminated push button switch then to the same transformer’s terminal where the first switch is wired to (refer to the first step)
- Then connect another wire from the other terminal of the second illuminated push button switch to the third terminal of the signaling device.
- Test the two doorbells.
Modern doorbell with illuminated push button switch
16. How do you wire an always “on” LED of illuminated push button switch?
When you purchase an illuminated push button switch, you will also receive its wiring instruction.
But here’s an example of a wiring guide for a 5-pin illuminated push button switch:
For an always “on” LED push button switch:
- Connect a wire to the positive terminal and the NO pin then to the device.
- Then another wire from the “C” pin to the power source.
- Another wire from the negative pin for the ground wire.
And if any case you need to wire it so that the LED will only be “on” when the button is pressed, you may refer to the following guide:
- Same procedure as before but this time the wire goes to the power source.
- Then the “C” wire to the device.
- And another wire from the negative pin for the ground.
Illuminated push button switch wiring
17. How do you install the car horn illuminated push button switch?
In general, if you purchase the car horn illuminated push button switch, you will also receive an installation guide.
However, here’s a simple and easy installation guide for installing the car horn illumination push button switch.
Things you will need:
- Two wires with enough length
- 12v battery charged
- 12v illuminated momentary push button switch
- Connect one wire to any terminal of the horn then to one of the terminals of the illuminated push button switch.
- Then connect another wire from the other terminal of the illuminated push button switch to the positive terminal of the 12v battery.
- Then connect one wire to the negative terminal of the battery for ground.
- And lastly, connect another wire to the other terminal of the horn for ground either in car chassis or body metal.
When replacing a car horn of a new vehicle, it is recommended to consult with your car dealer first.
If it’s a faulty car horn, it may be covered by the vehicle warranty.
When it comes to old cars or those no longer tied with any financing payments, replacing the broken car horn is highly recommended.
Driving without a proper car horn can cause serious legal matters later on since it is considered a safety warning device.
Replacing it with the illuminated push button switch is a smart decision since this type of switch is dependable and will last for a very long time.
Car horn button
18. How to wire an illuminated push button switch as a motorbike starter button?
When your ignition key gets stuck on the ignition keyhole, you have no choice but to replace it, and what better way to replace it than upgrading it into the illuminated push button switch starter.
You will need the following materials and tools:
- Illuminated push button switch
- 10 to 12 gauge wires
- Steel file
- Longnose plier
- 2 small posi-locks
- 1 large posi-tab
- Electrical tape
Here are the steps you can refer to:
- Remove the side panel and the ignition housing.
- Then pull out the ignition switch shell by cutting off the wires connected to it.
- Strip the wires to prepare for the posi-lock connectors.
- You may find the wires are colored red, red with a gray stripe, and red with a black stripe.
- Remove the hex nut from the illuminated push button switch.
- Connect the wires on the terminals of the illuminated push button switch.
- Slide in the illuminated push button switch into the ignition housing until it snaps into a fit.
- If the illuminated push button switch doesn’t quite fit into the ignition housing, you may use a drill bit or steel file to make some clearance.
- Fasten the hex nut back to secure the illuminated push button switch using a long nose plier.
- Take the red wire and connect a posi-lock and another posi-lock to the red wire with black stripe on the bike.
- Then the large posi-tab is connected to the red wire with the black stripe and then the smaller end is connected to the red wire with the gray stripe.
- Connect the other posi-locks to the end of the wirings that are connected to the illuminated push button switch.
- Then connect the illuminated push button ignition switch to the connectors.
- Connect the white wire to the red wire with a black stripe on the bike.
- Then connect the red wire to the red wire on the bike and the black grounding wire to the bike.
- Test the new illuminated push button switch.
- Reattach the ignition switch casing back to the bike.
- Tape the wires to clean it up and reattach the side panel.
Motorcycle illuminated push button ignition switch
19. How does the illuminated push button switch work on vending machines?
The vending machine is one of the earliest applications of push button switches.
Although the first models do not have illuminated push button switch types, later on, vending machines adopted them since they are more visible and more appealing.
Vending machines have an internal communication technology base on MDB standards or a computer bus that transfers data between the components connected to the electrical circuit.
For example, when using a soda vending machine, you will usually insert the money tender into the money slot or coins into the coin slots.
Then an optical scanner determines the denomination of the money you tendered and displays the amount on the vending machine screen.
Then you select the drink you would like to get by pushing the button adjacent to it.
The machine releases the drink and provides you with change if you paid more than the price of the drink.
Nowadays, modern vending machines are featuring touchscreen user controls or QR scans.
However, you can still find many vending machines that are using push buttons such as the illuminated push button switch and other types like the illuminated square push button or square illuminated push button switch.
Vending machine illuminated push button switch application
20. What does a warranty cover for illuminated push button switches?
The warranty provided by the manufacturers may vary from its coverage, the number of years it covers from the time of purchase, and other important things that are included or excluded from the warranty.
If you receive a faulty illuminated push button switch, it is best to immediately contact your manufacturer or vendor about a possible replacement.
If in case that the illuminated push button switch suddenly stopped working after working for a while, there could be a reason behind it.
Some of the common reasons are the contacts have burned out, their mechanical parts have corroded, or there’s visible damage to the illuminated push button switch.
You can contact your manufacturer about the possible repair of the damaged illuminated push button switch.
You may be required to send the switch back to the manufacturer and once they receive it, they will conduct an inspection of the damaged illuminated push button switch and identify the cause of the damage.
The coverage of the warranty will be based on the cause of the damage.
Typically, damages caused by human error are not warranty covered and you may be charged with the repair fees.
Sometimes, the manufacturer will simply replace the damaged illuminated push button switch with a new one but this is entirely up to their decision.
The length of time of the replacement or repair generally depends on the length of the shipping time it takes to and from the manufacturer.
21. What are some helpful questions to help you when purchasing the illuminated push button switch?
When purchasing the illuminated push button switch, it is necessary to carefully think about the things that can affect your selection.
Otherwise, you may end up purchasing the wrong one which can cost you money.
Here are some of the questions you can refer to as your guide when purchasing the illuminated push button switch:
- Why are you purchasing the illuminated push button switch?
- How many illuminated push button switches do you need?
- Do you have a specific budget range to spend on the illuminated push button switch?
- Do you need a specific type of illuminated push button switch?
- Do you need an illuminated push button switch that is anti vandal? Or water resistant?
- Do you have a specific type of color in mind for your illuminated push button switch?
- Will you consider a touch sensor illuminated push button switch?
- What are your voltage requirements for the illuminated push button switch?
After answering these questions, you may already have a clear idea of what kind of illuminated push button switch you are going to purchase.
Aside from this, it is also very important to choose only the high quality illuminated push button switches that are produced by only the most trusted push button switch manufacturer.
22. How to ensure that the illuminated push button switch is a high-quality switch?
When choosing the right illuminated push button switch, oftentimes you base your decision on the price and the images without really considering the other factors that can prove if it’s a high quality switch.
Here are some of the things you also need to check when shopping for the illuminated push button switch:
1. Customer ratings
You may see the ratings of the previous customers who bought the illuminated push button switch and have already tried and tested it.
If the illuminated push button switch is a high quality switch, you will see that most of the reviews and ratings are positive and they say a lot of good things about it.
This can help you understand whether the illuminated push button switch is really what it claims to be.
2. Look for the demo videos
Sometimes the product listing only has one or two images of the illuminated push button switch which does not entirely show it.
It is better if it has a demo video where the manufacturer showcases the illuminated push button switch and how it is used.
3. Check the quality seals
These international seals are your assurance that the illuminated push button switch is of high quality and has undergone several international certifications for safety and quality. Some of these quality seals are the following:
- ISO certified – An internationally acknowledged seal that proves that the illuminated push button switches are safe, reliable, and high quality.
- REACH – This seal proves that the materials used to make the illuminated push button switch is safe for consumers and poses no risk to the environment as well.
- RoHS – This seal determines that the illuminated push button switches produced by the manufacturer do not have any harmful substance making the products safe for human use.
- CE – This marking which is known globally only signifies that the manufacturer has passed several audits ensuring the safety of their customers and the environment.
- TUV – This means that the manufacturer of the illuminated push button switch has passed many inspections of their facilities and their machines promoting safety.
- UL Certified – This seal proves that the manufacturer h tested their illuminated push button switches according to the standard set by the UL international organization.
4. Buy from a trusted manufacturer:
- While there may be a lot of illuminated push button switch manufacturers out there, there are only a few trusted companies.
- Look for manufacturers that have been in the industry for many years and have earned awards and recognitions over the years.
- The manufacturer must also show the certifications that they acquired that prooves the safety and world class quality of their illuminated push button switches.
International standard and quality seals
23. What can prove that the illuminated push button switch is strong and tough?
To prove that the illuminated push button switch is strong and tough is by check if it passed the IK impact test.
It should have a rating of IK10 which is the highest rating given to an illuminated push button switch that has the highest level of enclosure protection.
24. How do you make sure that the illuminated push button switch is water resistant or water proof?
If you are looking for a water resistant or water proof illuminated push button switch, you should be looking for the IP rating seal.
This seal has two sets of numbers that indicate the level of enclosure’s protection against water ingress as well as dust or solid particles.
An illuminated push button switch with the highest level of protection is labeled as IP69K.
IP rating seals for water resistant and water proof push button switches
25. Can you request for illuminated push button switch customization from the manufacturer?
Some illuminated push button manufacturers would love to work with you if you have your own preference for your illuminated push button switch.
You can request to change the material, colors, shapes, designs, logos, and many more.
You can even discuss with your manufacturer your own idea of an illuminated push button switch.
Consult your manufacturer to talk about the customization of your illuminated push button switches.