Langir Normally Open Push Button Switch to Skyrocket Your Business
Normlly open anti vandal switch contains hole diameter 12mm, 16mm, 19mm, 22mm, 25mm series.
Normally open piezo switch contains 12mm, 16mm, 19mm, 22mm, 25mm, 30mm series.
Normally open capacitive switch includes 16mm, 19mm, 22mm, 25mm series.
As a leading positive normally open push button switch manufacturer in China, Langir electric makes this kind of pushbbuton switch more perfect and elegant. Langir offers a wide range of this pushbutton switch to enlarge your market.
Langir electric has got ISO9001 quality certification and ISO14001 enviroment management system certificate. Langir normally open push button switch has passed through a lot of certificates and test report such as CE, Rohs, Reach, IP65, IP67, IP68, IP69K, IK10 etc.
Customize Your Normally Open Push Button Switch
Langir normally open push button switch popularly goes by the name of no push button switch. Langir normally open push button switch only functions when the button is pushed or pressed down.
That means, in its default state, no electrical contact with the circuit will be made. Nowadays, Langir normally open push button switch is normally seen everywhere.
You can see it in banks, hotels, supermarkets, malls, etc. This type of no momentary push button switch is even used in simple applications including doorbells.
We, at Langir, have normally open push button switch for all series. Whether you want a normally open vandal proof switch, piezo touch switch, or capacitive sensor switch, we all have it ready for you.
All these series can be customized according to your preferred design, standard, and specifications. Our piezoelectric button, for example, can be made fully illuminated, with the function of a normally open push button switch.
You can have your normally open push button switch in any material you want like stainless steel, chrome and zinc-al alloy, brass-plated nickel, or anodized aluminum.
While we are glad to accept any of your design, our team can also help you set the right normally open push button switch for you. We only provide you materials of high-quality, that we even guarantee you a 365-day warranty for all our NO push button switch.
In its default state, makes no electrical contact with the circuit.
Yes, Langir normally open push button switch is very popular in the world.
Yes, we do.
At present, we usually make stainless steel, brass plated nickel, anodized aluminum, chrome and zinc-al alloy.
Langir push button switch is 365 days warranty.
Langir Normally Open Push Button Switch Stable Quality to Support Your Business
Langir normally open push button switch is the most popular pushbutton in the world. Langir believes that we will be your best partner for normally open push button switch if you are looking for this tool.
Langir normally open push button switch is usually called NO pushbutton switch. Our metal button switch is mainly composed of the two most important functions of NO and NC, and extended to other functions.
In Langir products family, Normally open push button switch has vandalproof switch, piezo & capacitive switch. They all have this characteristic of NO, 1NO1NC or 2NO2NC.
For piezo normally open push button switch, we especially provide your fully illuminated plastic piezo switch with normally open function.
Langir normally open push button switch has a lot of applications. For example, For door bell system, if you press langir normally open pushbuttons, the current is passed and switched on, the bell will sound—dingdong. You could see this Langir normally open push button switch everywhere such as bank, kitchen, hotel, supermarket, the mall, railway, boat etc.
The technology we provide is your strong backing. As a leading normally open pushbutton switch supplier, we could help you to choose the correct switches. Contact us now for a quick quote.
Normally Open Push Button Switch – FAQ Guide
In this complete guide, you will learn interesting facts about the normally open push button switch.
You will also learn its inner workings, its variations, different styles, and the other essential information that you should know about normally open push button switches.
Aside from that, you will also find out the applications you can use the normally open push button switch to and other things that you’ll be thankful that you learned today with this guide.
So, before you purchase a normally open push button switch, read this guide to know all the important things that’s best to know about it.
1. What is a normally open push button switch?
A normally open push button switch is a type of push button that does not make an electrical contact during its default state. You could call it as push button NO.
But when you press the button of the switch, the contacts connect and the circuit becomes closed.
Fun Fact: The first electronic push button system was a telephone.
On November 18, 1963, Bell Telephone offered the first telephone with an electronic push button system to their customers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
It was called the Western Electric 1500 which has only 10 push buttons with numbers from 0 to 9.
Then another version was released by the same telephone company, the Western Electric 2500 with 12 push buttons with the addition of asterisk and number sign buttons.
Although this was released in 1963, the majority of the customers still had rotary telephones.
The push button telephone only reached its peak sales in the 1970s and most of the customers were business owners.
Normally open push button switch
2. What is the story behind the development of normally open push button switches?
The story behind the normally open push button switch can be traced back to the first invention of “quick-break technology” in 1884 by the English electrical engineer, John Henry Holmes.
When Holmes developed this technology, it immediately replaced the street lights in which arc lamps were previously used.
Both the arc lamps and their predecessor, the gas illuminated lights, had issues that posed health and safety risks to the public.
Arc lamps were found to be emitting dangerous UV rays which can affect people exposed to its light.
People are prone to get the bad effects of UV rays since arc lamps are used for street lights.
But thanks to the Holmes invention it eliminated the use of arc lights in public places.
The first light push button switch first appeared in homes back in 1910 as the electricity grid expanded.
And in the 1950s, the push button switch technology was widely used in different applications and many industries.
Just a decade after, many home household appliances have push button controls integrated for their functions.
The Bell telephone
3. What are the favorable circumstances of using the normally open push button switches?
There are many benefits of using the normally open push button switches and some of them are the following:
- They occupy less space in any machines, panel, switchboard, etc.
- Once they are installed, they can’t be removed easily
- They are compact and easy to use
- Mostly affordable than the other types of switches
- Some types are made for high voltages
- They help avoid short circuits
There are other benefits of using the normally open push button switch that you can surely discover when you’re already using it.
Also, it is widely available around the world, so you can be confident that the normally open push button switch is available in your area.
Otherwise, you can simply order online and have them delivered to your doorstep.
4. What are the differences between a normally open push button switch and a normally closed push button switch?
Some people get confused with the normally open push button switch and the normally closed push button switch but they work differently.
Here’s a table describing their differences.
Difference between normally open push button switch and normally closed push button switch
5. How does a normally open push button switch mechanism work?
The normally push button switch mechanism works as depicted in the figure shown above:
The push button switch normally open has an electromagnetic absorption device inside it.
This device is energized and it generates magnetism when an operator presses the switch’s button or actuator.
At the same time, the absorption device connects the circuit, therefore, triggering the assigned
function to operate the wired device or equipment.
When the operator presses the switch’s actuator once again, the switch returns to its default normally open state.
Normally open push button switch working principle
6. What is the structure of a normally open push button switch?
A normally push button switch has the following parts:
- The actuator – This is the button that you will press to activate the switch hence called the actuator.
- The shell/body – This is the material that encloses or houses the mechanisms of the normally open push button switch.
- The terminals/pins – These are the small rods that protrude at the bottom of the normally open push button switch where wires are soldered or screwed.
- LED – This emits light when the normally open push button switch is pressed or stays on depending on how it was wired.
- Spring – This is found inside the normally open push button switch and enables the movement of the actuator while being pressed down and springs back up to return to its resting state.
- Movable contacts – This is the piece that is positioned under the actuator that also moves when it is pressed down.
- Stationary contacts – These contacts do not move and they are situated at the bottom part of the internal mechanism of the normally open push button switch.
Parts of normally open push button switch
7. What is the symbol for a normally open push button switch?
The symbol for a normally open push button switch is depicted in the figure here:
Normally open push button switch symbol
8. What are the head shapes available for the normally open push button switch?
There are different head shapes available for the normally open push button switch.
But this also depends on the manufacturer as not every manufacturer provides different push button head shapes.
The head shapes are the shape of the top side of the push button switch and mostly describe the shape of the actuator or the button that you press.
The following are the different head shapes depending on their availability:
- Flat head
- Dome shaped
- Chamfer head
There may be other head shapes available such as the square head, rectangle head, etc.
This means that you can choose whichever you like best for your application.
9. What are the specifications of a normally open push button switch?
Normally open push button switch models
Just like other switches, there are specifications of the push button normally open.
They are usually categorized as the following:
- General information
This details the product characteristics and features which includes the type of switch, dimensions of the switch
- Product number definition
This defines the model number’s legend that represents the switch’s physical components and characteristics which includes any of the following:
- Illumination color
- Head or actuator shape
- LED operating voltage
- Number of contacts or pins
- Switch action (momentary or latching)
- Technical data
This includes specific ratings and specifications of the switch and can include any of the following:
- Type of switch
- Actuator options
- Maximum switch rating
- Contact resistance
- Insulation resistance
- Dielectric strength
- Operation temperature
- Mechanical life
- Electrical life
- Contact material
- Operation pressure
- Protection level
- The material used for:
- Environmental specification
This describes the environmental condition that the normally open push button can handle or the conditions where it should not be used.
10. Does the normally open push button switch have options for you to choose from?
Some manufacturers offer a variety of normally open push button switch options.
This will enable you to find the right normally open button for your application when it comes to the design, size, and functions.
Some of the options available are the following:
- Domed head normally open push button switch
- Ring illuminated normally open push button switch
- Capacitive normally open push button switch
You can find other options online that you can use for your application.
Examples of capacitive switches
11. How many stationary contacts does a normally open push button switch have?
The number of stationary contacts of a normally open push button switch can be 2, 4, 5, 6 or more.
These are also known as terminals or pins and each pin serves specific functions.
A 2-pin push button switch would have C or common terminal and the NO terminal.
While a 4-pin push button switch would have the following terminals:
- Power supply
- To device
A 5-pin push button switch would have the following terminals:
- Normally open
- Normally closed
And a 6-pin push button switch would have the following:
- 2 Normally open terminals
- 2 Normally closed terminals
However, these functions would depend on the switch’s type as some switches can be NO or NC as seen on the 5-pin push button switch.
Also, there are other switches made to have more than the number of pins mentioned above.
Generally, when you order a push button switch, you will receive an instruction manual or wiring diagram with the illustration and description of each terminal to guide you with the wiring process.
But in any case that your switch doesn’t come with the instruction manual, you can contact your manufacturer if they can send you the material.
Otherwise, you can also refer to the self-help tools such as the tutorial videos, forums, or the website’s FAQ on how to wire the push button switch.
A sample of 7-pin push button switch wiring guide
12. Which stationary contacts are better for the normally open push button switch?
This would depend on you as the user.
Some people would prefer soldering the terminals while others prefer the screw terminals.
In any type of stationary contact, the normally open push button switch will still operate the same way.
However, should you choose solder terminals, you will need to ensure that you follow the right procedure in soldering them as well as the level of heat of the soldering gun.
High levels of heat may melt the terminals down to the plastic encasing and leave the push button switch unusable.
13. Is it a normally open momentary switch(NO momentary switch)?
Yes, a normally open push button switch can be momentary open switch but you can also find latching types too.
A momentary type of push button switch will maintain its “on” state while you press the button while the latching push button switch type will be “on” when pressed once and will be “off” when pressed once again.
It is better that you can determine which function you would like to have for your normally open push button switch that will be suitable for your application to avoid purchasing the wrong type of switch’s function.
14. Is the normally open push button switch SPST?
Yes, but a normally open push button switch is also SPDT or DPDT.
The SPST switches mean single pole and single throw is an ideal choice if you need a simple on and off switch. For example: V12 series, L16 series, V19 series, V22 series, etc.
While SPDT switches mean single pole and double throw which means the current from the input circuit is routed to one of the two output circuits. For example: L19A series
SPDT types are also known as changeover switches or A/B switches because you have two options, which are the A option and the B option.
While the DPDT switch type, which means double pole and double throw, has 6 terminals and can be described as two SPDT types.
A DPDT type has one actuator that controls it and is commonly used in reversing phase or polarity.
The SPST, SPDT, and DPDT are the common types of switches you can find in the market; however, you can also find types with more poles or throws such as a rotary switch.
15. Can a normally open push button switch can carry current when not pushed?
No, normally open push button switch will not carry current when its actuator is not pressed.
This is the reason why the normally open push button switch is called as such because the contacts inside it are open during its default state which means that there’s no current flow.
The current will only flow or connect when the actuator is pressed and the contacts make a “contact”.
16. How much pressure does a normally open push button switch need to activate?
A normally open push button switch doesn’t need much pressure to activate.
For high-quality push button switches, are easy to push and will produce a good-sounding click for the latching types.
The resistance is the right amount for you to push the actuator easily.
The pressure needed to activate a push button switch is measured in Newton or N unit.
And a high-quality normally open push button switch would have an actuation pressure of 5 N.
You can imagine typing on a keyboard wherein a certain typing task, you could produce up to 2.54 N of force although what is only required is 0.47 N.
This means that pressing a button of a switch would need more force than pressing the keys of a computer keyboard but it is fairly light as it weighs just 510 grams or comparable to the weight of 100 US nickels altogether.
Having this force required to activate the switch ensures that it is not activated accidentally or in error.
17. Can you use a normally open push button switch for a residential electrical switch?
Residential electrical switches are one of the early uses of the normally open push button switch.
However, you need to find the right current rating to match the voltage of your power supply.
It is best recommended to consult a licensed electrician to do this for you to avoid any untoward injuries.
You just need to provide your ideas and the electrician will do the work.
The work may require including relays or circuit breakers and other types of work that electrical switches of your home require.
Electrician working on a circuit breaker
18. Can you use a normally open push button switch on a boat in a saltwater environment?
This will depend on the level of protection of the normally open push button switch.
If the switch is labeled as waterproof or water-resistant then it could be ideal for saltwater environment use or to be specific, for boat control switches.
This is because water ingress can happen on non-waterproof push button switches which can cause the internal mechanisms to rust and eventually corrode until they can no longer function.
19. Is NO NC push button available?
Yes, you will find push button switch no nc in some series like L19A, L16, L16T, L22, even to L25. NO NC push button switch is commonly used in lots of device or home appliances. And you will find no nc push button price is quite different due to different functions and models. In the case of uncertain installation of normally open or normally closed, this normally open and normally closed switch helps many people to freely choose to install.
20. Will a normally open push button switch be installed as a starter for a car?
It could start a solenoid but not enough to start an engine directly.
You may need an automotive push button switch instead since not all normally open push button switches would have the specifications needed to start an engine.
Classic car start and stop push button
21. Is the normally open push button switch good for horn buttons?
Yes, they are perfect for horn buttons.
Some people have replaced their vehicle’s horn button with a momentary type of normally open push button switch and it worked perfectly for this purpose.
22. Is there a plate ideal for a normally open push button switch?
Yes, there is.
To install the normally open push button switch properly, you will need a strong enough plate or panel.
You can either purchase the switch plate with bored holes in marketplaces online or use the recommended 4.0 mm thick panel and make the holes for the switch using a hole saw.
Ensure that the diameter of the holes will fit the diameter of the push button switch.
Sometimes there are a few adjustments you need to make to ensure a snug fit.
23. Will you receive a tightening nut when you order a normally open push button switch?
Yes, you will receive the tightening nut included in your order and sometimes an extra one depending on the manufacturer.
The tightening nut is fastened from the back of the normally open push button switch and through its grooves.
This helps secure it in place and prevent it from falling.
You will also receive the O-ring to help seal the space between the actuator head and the panel surface.
Sample of a wiring digram
24. What is the connection diagram of a normally open push button switch?
An example connection diagram of a normally open push button switch is illustrated in the following figure:
25. How much space does a normally open push button switch occupy behind the panel?
The normally open push button switch does not occupy much space behind the panel.
Usually, on average they will occupy at least 1.61 inches 40.89 millimeters while the short body type of switches will occupy about 0.762 inches or 19.35 millimeters.
26. Can you use a normally open push button switch as a doorbell button replacement?
Yes, you can.
Doorbell buttons are one of the earliest applications of push button switches.
You can use a momentary normally open push button switch as doorbell buttons.
Otherwise, you can use a modern doorbell push button switch which is specially designed and developed for this purpose.
27. Can you get a connector for a normally open push button switch?
Yes, you can find the switch connector for normally open push button switches.
These are usually made from PVC and with cables integrated on them, removing the need to solder the wires.
You simply need to plug the connector into the push button switch momentary on.
Make sure that you purchase the right connector for your normally on momentary switch, for example, a 5-pin switch needs a 5-pin switch connector.
28. Does a normally open push button switch come with pigtail connectors?
Not all manufacturers would include pigtail connectors with their push button switches.
It’s best to check the product images and description about the inclusions of the normally open push button switch you are ordering to ensure that you will receive the pigtail connectors.
Pedestrian crossing normally open push button switch
29. Is a normally open push button switch rustproof?
You can find normally open push button switches that are made from 304 or 316 stainless steel which are rust-proof materials.
These are the metal push button switches that are made from either of the two kinds of stainless steel.
The stainless 304 is made up of an 8% nickel ally and 18% chromium which makes it resistant to oxidation.
While stainless type 316 is made up of 2% molybdenum, 10% nickel, and 16% chromium which makes it resistant to rust and excellent material for push button switches.
30. Can you use a normally open push button switch as a gate opener and closer?
Yes, you can use a normally open push button switch as a gate opener as long as the voltage of the switch can handle the voltage from the power source to avoid overheating the switch.
31. Can a normally open push button switch be easily corroded with water ingression?
Some switches are not designed to be sealed which is why water ingression can happen which causes the corrosion of the switch’s internal components.
That’s why it is better to choose a high-grade waterproof momentary switch normally open that is developed to be sealed to prevent water from entering.
This also means that the normally open push button switch will have a longer life.
32. Can the normally open push button switch easily build up oxidation?
Oxidation is a chemical reaction of a metal object when exposed to oxygen and moisture.
The chemical reaction causes the metal to corrode or oxidize forming a metal oxide on the metal’s surface.
If the normally open push button switch is made with 304 or 316 stainless steel, this chemical reaction is less likely to happen.
You can be assured that the switch will last longer and will function as normal even when it’s frequently exposed to moisture.
33. Is a normally open push button switch easy to install and be used right away?
One of the good things about the normally open push button switches is that they are easy to install and can be used immediately.
The terminals are labeled which allows you to solder the wires and know where to connect them.
Otherwise, you can check the wiring guide which comes along with the package to guide you during installation.
Computer power switch
34. Can you use a normally open push button switch for a computer power button?
Yes, you can use a normally open push button switch for a computer power button.
Some types will work great as a computer power button such as the reset push button switch or the power push button switch.
35. How far do the grooves of a normally open push button switch go?
This depends on the type of the normally open push button switch as there types that are designed to be longer for their purpose.
For example, a standard normally open push button switch would have 0.717 inches or 18.21 millimeters of groove length but a short body type would have 0.496 inches or 12.59 millimeters.
36. Can you paint over a normally open push button switch?
Although painting over a normally open push button switch is not advisable but it is possible.
However, it is recommended to simply choose the right color since there are varieties of colors you can find online.
Painting over a push button switch could cause it to deteriorate in quality and void of the manufacturer’s warranty.
37. Will a normally open push button switch last long in terms of mechanical life?
High-quality normally open push button switches have longer mechanical life when compared to other switches.
They can last for up to 1 million mechanical life cycles and this could be prolonged when they are used in the right conditions.
38. What is the usual current of the normally open push button switch?
Similar to other switches, a normally open push button switch can be classified as 3, 5, 8, 10, amps, and so on.
This information is usually available on the product label or its specifications.
Some types can handle big current such as the high current push button switch like L19B series, L22B series, L19Y series.
39. Does the normally open push button switch have a lock function?
This depends if the normally open push button switch has a built-in mechanical lock function.
You can check the label or product description to see if it has this kind of feature.
The self-lock function works when the button is pressed, it will not come back up because it is locked.
You will need to press the normally open push button switch again, this time a little bit further for it to be unlocked and come back up.
Firemen elevator buttons
40. Can you use the normally open push button switch for call buttons?
Yes, they work great for call buttons.
You can use a momentary switch normally open to replace a broken call button or perhaps create your own.
41. Can you replace light switches with the normally open push button switch?
Before the toggles switches, push button switches were widely used to light switches.
This means you can surely replace your old light switches with a more modern and stylish normally open push button switch.
42. Can you customize the normally open push button switch to ones that are not available in the market?
Yes, by inquiring directly to the manufacturer, you can discuss with them your preferred normally open push button switch to make yours unique and perfectly compatible with the application you will use them for.
Remember that not all manufacturers accept customization requests, you need to confirm with them if they do.
43. Why are there different colors of normally open push button switches?
You may have noticed that some normally open push button switches have different colors.
Each color can serve a purpose and can help in easily identifying what the switch is used for.
This helps you avoid committing an error in pressing the wrong push button switch.
The following is an example:
|Urgent||Indication of danger or emergency|
Emergency stop button
|Normal or on||Operation is under normal condition or button is for on switch|
|Required||Operation is required||Reset button|
|Yellow||Caution or error||Operate in caution|
Needs repair button
General purpose except for emergency push button
On and off button
44. How do you select the right normally open push button switch for your application?
To help you select the right normally open push button switch for your application, you can use the following questions as your guide:
- What is normally open push button switch’s purpose?
- How do you want the normally open push button switch to function? Normally open momentary push button or normally open latching push button?
- Do you have a preferred size, color, and actuator head type?
- Do you prefer illuminated or non-illuminated types?
- Do you need the momentary switch normally open waterproof or vandalproof?
- What is the normally open push button switch’s current rating that you need? Is 12v momentary switch normally open suitable for your machine?
- What type of terminals will you prefer? Solder or screw type?
While these questions can help you in choosing the right normally open push button switch, you can also think about what matters the most to you to ensure that you would have any regrets in your chosen switch.
45. How to fix a broken normally open push button switch?
It could be challenging to repair a broken normally open push button switch since the internal components are not easy to be replaced.
The best way is to contact the manufacturer and provide them your issue.
You will be advised how to return the normally open push button switch if it’s going to be covered by its warranty, and other fees involved for the repair.
You will also be advised how long the repair may take.
46. Why do we use normally open push button switches instead of the standard switch in industries?
Well, this is because the normally open push button switch is easier to operate than the other standard switches.
Activating normally open push button switch only requires you to push it or touch it such as the touch-sensitive function of the capacitive switch and piezo switch.
You don’t need to pull or twist normally open push button switch eliminating actions that can confuse you when in emergencies.
Many industries such as the manufacturing sector, are very critical in ensuring that their production will always be on time.
There’s no room for delays as it could lead to the financial loss which can be detrimental to the business.
This is why the normally open push button switches are best preferred by most industries since they are more reliable, long-lasting, and easier to operate.
Normally open push button switch flip guard
47. What parts are available for the normally open push button switches?
Some parts are available for the normally open push button switches that can be used for different purposes.
These are also known as push button switch accessories, some of the examples are the following:
- Push button anti-rotation rings – These will help the switches from rotating and keep them in place.
- Push button boots – These help in protecting the switches from outside elements such as dirt and water.
- Push button lenses – These can be used as protection or color coding for the switches indicating their function.
- Push button nuts – These secures the switches in place and they come included with the switches but can be ordered separately.
- Push button panel seals – These can also serve as added protection of the switches.
- Push button sockets – These are the switch connectors that have attached wires and can be connected to the switch.
- Push button flip guards – These are protective covers that prevent accidental activation or indication that the switch has an important function.
There are many other parts or accessories you can find online that can add protection or simply accessorize your normally open push button switch.
48. Will the normally open push button switch turn on by itself?
The normally open push button switch will need some level of pressure to activate or be turned on.
But some normally open push button switches, such as capacitive ones, can be opened by touching the head.
Normally open push button switch warranty
49. How long is the warranty for normally open push button switches?
The warranty for the normally open push button switches depends on the manufacturer.
Some manufacturers offer 1, 2, or 3 years of warranty for their products.
This information can be found in the product packaging, the information sheet, or the manufacturer’s website.
As a consumer, it is important to know how long the warranty is which is provided by the manufacturer and understand the warranty’s coverage.
This can help you get your normally open push button switches repaired if they become faulty within the warranty period.
Contact your manufacturer and advise them of the faulty switches.
You will have to send them back to the manufacturer to repair it or replace it with a new batch of normally open push button switches, which is entirely up to them.
Returning a faulty switch can be a hassle, so to ensure that you will not face this issue, you need to look for a high-quality normally open push button switch and a manufacturer with a high trust rating.
Usually, these are the manufacturers that have been making push button switches for many years.
They have been in the business enough so you can be assured that their products are high quality from the many years of experience.
50. What can you do to maintain the quality of the normally open push button switch?
Although, high quality normally open push button switches are usually low maintenance.
However, normally open push button switch does help a lot when you take care of them as well.
Taking care of them helps maintain their original appearance and ensure longer mechanical life.
Here are some recommendations you can follow to help maintain the quality of your normally open push button switches:
- Avoid hitting them with sharp objects – Although they are vandal proof, sharp objects can leave a nasty mark or deform the switch which can cause it not to work anymore.
- Regularly clean its surface – They may be dustproof but sometimes wiping them with a clean wet cloth can remove stubborn dirt and help return their shiny appearance.
- Avoid using them beyond what is recommended – This pertains to using the switch in a power supply that is above its capacity which can cause the switch to heat up and stop functioning.
- Avoid exposing them to water when they’re not waterproof – Some normally open push button switches in the market are not waterproof unless specifically labeled as waterproof, water-resistant, or marine waterproof.
- Avoid putting them in direct sunlight – The harmful UV rays can affect the appearance of the normally open push button switch such as fading in color and the internal contacts may no longer work too due to prolonged heat exposure.
- Store them properly to prolong their shelf life – If you have a set of switches that are not going to be used yet, you can place them back inside their original box or any other box, then in a dry and cool area.