Langir SPST Push Button Switch to Meet Your Demands
12mm Screw and solder terminal options available
16mm hole diameter, IP65 rated, non illuminated
19mm diameter panel cutout, screw or solder lug
High flat, domed head, flat head
Solder-lug or wire leads (150mm long) termination
Solder-lug or Screw termination with ring illumination
Ring illuminated with 6 pins, 19mm panel cutout
22mm hole diameter with 6 pins for momentary or latching
25mm hole diameter, momentary or latching 1NO1NC & 2NO2NC
As a leading positive Spst push button switch manufacturer in China, Langir electric makes this kind of pushbbuton switch more perfect and elegant. Langir offers a wide range of this SPST pushbutton switch to enlarge your market.
Langir electric has got ISO9001 quality certification and ISO14001 enviroment management system certificate. Langir SPST push button switch have passed through a lot of certificates and test report such as CE, Rohs, Reach, IP65, IP67, IP68, IP69K, IK10 etc.
How to Customize Yours?
Another type of switch is called SPST push button switch. Technically, the name SPST stands for single pole, single throw. Unlike SPDT push button momentary switch and DPDT push button, the SPST push switch only controls one circuit.
The SPST pushbutton switch is used to connect or split between two terminals. Its function is as simple as on and off. Langir’s V12, V16, V19, VS19, V22, L16, etc feature this type of push button switch.
All these can likewise be customized according to your need. From the types of materials, we can make one for you out of a brass-plated nickel, stainless steel, and anodized aluminum, among others.
You can also customize one according to the type of illumination you want. Whether you want an SPST push button switch with non-illumination, dot illumination, or ring illumination, we have it ready for you.
The same goes for the type of head you want for your SPST push button switch. Each model of SPST momentary push button switch means a different head, but Langir comes prepared.
Langir SPST push button switch have a domed head, flat head, high flat head, and concave head. All these can be customized with the drawing you want.
Share it with Langir, and we’ll get it done for you. Customer satisfaction is at the top of our priority, thus, providing you with high-quality materials is at our forefront.
All of our SPST push button switch are offered at reasonable prices and are covered by a 365-day warranty.
If you’re not sure how to go about customizing your SPST push button switch, our team is always open to providing you with the technical support you need.
Langir spst push button switch defined as “single-pole, single-throw”, that is used to connect or break the connection between two terminals.
For example, Langir V12, V16, V19, VS19, V22, L16, and so on.
Yes, Langir SPST push button switch are very popular in the world. They have gained the reputation by a lot of customers.
Yes, we do.
At present, we usually make stainless steel, brass plated nickel, anodized aluminum and so on.
Langir push button switch is 365 days warranty.
Langir SPST Push Button Switch
As a leading positive SPST push button switch manufacturer in China, Langir electric makes this kind of push button switch more perfect and elegant. If you are looking for this useful tool, Langir is your trusted supplier. Commonly you’ll see SPST push button switch defined as “single-pole, single-throw”, which is used to connect or break the connection between two terminals.
SPST push button switch riveting
SPST momentary switch have NO(normally open) & NC(normally closed) types. For SPST(NO), When you press, it is on, let go it is off. For SPST (NC), when you press, it is off, let go for on. This function also shows on the piezo switch and capacitive switch.
For SPST push button switch, we have a lot of models which can suit this function. The panel cutout is diverse between 12mm from 30mm. You may choose non-illumination, dot illumination, and ring illumination to your machine or device.
For Langir SPST push button switch, we provide different kinds of heads for you. There are the domed head, flat head, high flat head, and concave head. The different head is used in different models. Surely we welcome your drawing for head customization.
SPST push button switch car parking
Langir push button switch provide you SPST push button switch, DPDT pushbutton, SPDT pushbutton to match with your machine.
If you have any uncertainty on how to choose the right one for your machine, please feel free to contact us because we have strong technician support and a positive sales team.
SPST Push Button Switch – FAQ Guide
In this FAQ guide, you will discover many interesting things about the SPST push button switch.
You will also learn its vast applications despite being known as a basic switch.
You will also find out how many types of SPST push button switch are available in the market as well as the different shapes, sizes, colors, and other options you can choose from.
In this complete guide, you will also learn how to troubleshoot, maintain, and properly care for the SPST push button switch.
Continue to read our guide to help you find the best SPST push button switch for your purpose and application.
1. What is the SPST push button switch?
SPST push button switch
The SPST push button switch is also defined as the single pole and single throw switch.
It is also known as spst button switch, push button spst switch, or spst switch.
Similar to other switch, its function is to connect or to break the connection between two terminals.
It is also known as a simple SPST on off push button switch, SPST push on off switch, SPST push switch, a one-way switch for British mains wiring terms but it is called the two-way switch in US wiring terminology.
The most commonly known application of the SPST push button switch is the light switch.
Here’s a symbol that represents the SPST push button switch in an electrical wiring diagram:
SPST push button symbol
2. What are the sections and parts of the SPST push button switch?
Push button switch generally have the same sections and parts but they sometimes differ in how they are called depending on the manufacturer, your region, or your country.
The physical appearance of the SPST push button switch has many similarities with other push button switch.
The most common parts that you will notice are the following:
- Actuator – Also called the head or button that you usually push to activate the switch and sometimes illuminated with different styles, logos, or symbols.
- Body – This is the enclosure of the switch, also known as the casing or the shell that keeps all the parts of the switch together.
- Pins – These are the terminals usually solder type or screw type where the wiring is connected.
These parts can be identified immediately because they are located externally but other parts are unseen because they are inside the SPST push button switch.
- LED – This chip is usually included on SPST switch with led and responsible for the switch to light up either when the actuator is pushed or stays lit always.
- Spring – The hardened steel coil that enables the movement of the actuator whenever you push the switch.
- Contacts – Generally, there are two pairs of contacts inside, one pair is movable that is situated below the actuator while the other pair is fixed and connected to the terminals of the switch.
SPST push button switch parts
3. How does the SPST push button switch operate?
How the SPST push button switch operates is quite simple.
When you push the actuator, the metal spring allows the movable contacts to touch the fixed contacts closing the circuit and this enables the electricity flow.
When you release the actuator, the metal spring retracts and the contacts are broken stopping the electricity flow.
But for a SPST latching push button switch, the head remains depressed until you press it again to spring back.
SPST push button switch operation
4. What are the usual measurements of the SPST push button switch?
The SPST push button switch may have different measurements depending on its type and its size.
There are low profile push button switch that would have a different body length than the standard push button switch.
For example, a 16mm SPST push button switch would have about 0.94 mm from end to end.
While a low profile SPST push button switch with the same diameter would have around 0.677 mm length.
And if the actuator is a raised head, it can probably add about 1 to 2 mm from the head to the tips of the pins.
The kind of pins or terminals that the SPST push button switch has would also slightly contribute to its length.
When it comes to diameter sizes, you can find one of the smallest sizes such as 10mm, and big sizes such as 22mm up to 30mm.
If you need a specific size of SPST push button switch for your business, you can consult the manufacturer if they can customize the diameter size for you.
5. How many kinds does the SPST push button switch have?
Aside from the different sizes mentioned before, the SPST push button switch also has a wide variety of options for its types, colors, illumination types, and materials used to make the switch.
The SPST push button switch has different types such as the following:
- Miniature push button switch SPST
- Stainless steel SPST push button switch
- Waterproof SPST push button switch
- High flat SPST push button switch
- Black aluminum SPST push button switch
- Ring illuminated SPST push button switch
- Sealed self-locking SPST push button switch
- Dot illuminated SPST push button switch
- Momentary SPST push button switch
There are also different operation types like the following:
- SPST push button switch black momentary-off normally closed
- SPST push button switch momentary-on normally open
- SPST NO momentary switch
You can also choose from the different SPST push button switch shapes available such as:
- Low Profile SPST push button switch
- Round SPST push button switch
- Square SPST push button switch
There are also actuator options for the SPST push button switch:
- Domed head
- Flat head
- Raised head or high flat head
- Concave head
- Ring symbol
- Power symbol
- Ring and power symbol
- Laser etched
You can also choose the color that you like such as natural, red, yellow, blue, green, orange, etc.
For the SPST push button pins, there are two types in general:
- Solder lug
- Screw type
Some manufacturers accommodate SPST push button switch’ modifications of shapes, actuator heads, pins, colors, etc.
Different types of push button switch
6. What metals are used to make the SPST push button switch?
The SPST push button switch is made with different materials depending on its manufacturer.
Some of the most common materials that are used to make the SPST push button switch are the following:
- 304 or 316 Stainless steel grade
- Anodized aluminum
- Brass plated with nickel or gold
You can find that some SPST push button switch is made from one or two kinds of materials for their casing.
You can also find actuators with a clear resin material cover to show the backlit design underneath.
The actuators of the illuminated SPST push button switch are usually made with ceramic, plastic, or resin material as well.
Lastly, the SPST push button pins are usually made with copper or brass.
Stainless steel materials of SPST push button switch
7. What are the best features of the SPST push button switch?
The SPST push button switch has several best features providing you the best value for your money.
Some of its best features are the following:
- Many application use
- Waterproof and vandal proof types
- Dust proof
- A wide array of choices
- Compact device
- Easy installation
- Space saver
- Secure mounting
- Little to zero maintenance
- Available in stores and online
The SPST push button switch is quick to install switch which means that you can use it right after installation.
8. How is the SPST push button switch utilized?
Since the SPST push button switch is the most basic of push button switch, it can be used in a wide range of applications for homes, businesses, and industrial settings.
Some of the applications of the SPST push button switch are the following:
- Instruction button appliances
- Electromagnetic starter
- Car modification
- Horn button switch
- Host computer keys
- PC power switch
- Security doors
- Vending machines
- Water dispensers
- Medical and medicinal equipment
- Food establishments
- Food processing machines
- Car wash systems
- Agriculture and farming equipment
- Automatic pump gas stations
- Aerospace controls
- Marine controls
- Boat, yacht, and ship bridge controls
- DIY electronic projects
Because the SPST push button switch is versatile, there could be more of its applications around the world.
Different applications of SPST push button switch
9. How long is the working lifespan of the SPST push button switch?
If the SPST push button switch is made with high quality materials and manufacturing standards, it would typically have a long working lifespan.
This is determined by the mechanical and electrical life cycles.
A high quality SPST push button switch can have up to 1,000,000 mechanical life cycles and can have up to 200,000 electrical life cycles.
These life cycles can have different values depending on the type of switch as well.
If you want to know the working lifespan of the SPST push button switch you want to purchase, simply check the SPST push button switch datasheet or its specifications to know about it.
10. What is the SPST push button momentary switch?
An SPST momentary push button switch is generally used for any circuit controls which only need a momentary activation.
It is also known as SPST momentary switch or momentary SPST switch.
For example, car horn buttons, power switch, doorbells, and so on.
Electricity control cabinet
11. What is the SPST push button switch momentary-on normally open?
The SPST push button switch has a type called momentary-on or sometimes called SPST NO push button switch and this only activates when the actuator is being pressed.
The term normally open means that the contacts inside the SPST push button switch are not connected on its default state but when the actuator is pressed, the contacts are connected therefore closing the circuit.
12. What is the SPST push button switch momentary-off normally closed?
The SPST push button switch momentary-off normally closed means that its circuit is closed during its default state allowing the current to flow.
But when the actuator is pressed, the circuit opens and breaks the current flow.
And when the actuator is released, the circuit is closed, and then the current flows once again.
13. What are the similarities and differences between the SPST push button switch and the DPST push button switch?
The SPST push button switch and DPST push button switch have similarities but each has its own unique characteristics which differentiate them from one another.
Here’s a table that briefly shows their similarities and differences.
|Similarities||Both have a single throw or one output terminal|
|Differences||· Single pole|
· One input terminal
· Basic on-off switch
|· Double poles|
· Two input terminals
· Two SPST switch controlling a device
14. How does SPST push button switch work as wired doorbells?
A momentary SPST push button switch closes the doorbell circuit that activates the signaling devices such as a chime, bell, or buzzer located outside and beside the door specifically around the same height of the doorknob.
One pin of the SPST push button switch is connected to the transformer’s terminal of the doorbell.
The doorbell’s transformer lowers its voltage, for example from 240 volts down to 10 volts.
The other terminal of the transformer is connected to all three terminals of the signaling device.
While another terminal is wired to the other pin of the SPST push button switch.
The signaling device can produce a different sound when it has a third terminal.
Some houses have a doorbell button typically located at the back door and this is wired to the transformer and the third terminal.
Inside the transformer, a primary winding is continuously energized and constantly consumes about 1 to 2 watts for its standby power.
It consumes the same amount of power even if the SPST push button switch is illuminated.
15. How to test the SPST push button switch for continuity?
To conduct a continuity test for the SPST push button switch, you will need to have a continuity tester or a multimeter.
Using a continuity tested, clip its wire to one of the terminals of the SPST push button switch.
Then touch the other terminal of the SPST push button switch using the tester probe.
Press the SPST push button switch on and off.
The continuity tester should light up when the switch is in the “on” position but will not light up when the switch is “off”.
When using a multimeter, touch both of the tester probes on one of the terminals of the SPST push button switch.
Then press the switch on and off.
When the SPST push button switch is “on” the multimeter should show close to zero while it should show “1” when it is “off” which means that there’s no continuity.
16. Does the SPST push button switch get tested for strength?
Unknown by many people, the SPST push button switch and all other types of switch undergo a series of impact tests to measure its enclosure’s strength.
The tests conducted are included in the certification process that determines whether the SPST push button switch can withstand certain levels of impact.
This is necessary to ensure that the switch is robust and durable and cannot be easily broken that can pose a tamper and safety risk.
This certification is called IK impact rating that typically includes the following tests:
- Charpy Impact test
- Drop Weight test
During the Charpy Impact Test, the SPST push button switch is positioned into the Charpy test machine and submitted to different levels of impact tests in different temperature levels.
This identifies if the SPST push button switch can withstand strong impacts while in extreme temperatures.
While for the Drop Weight test, the SPST push button switch is tested in two ways:
- Dropping it from a higher ground
- Striking it with a hammer
And during the Drop Weight test, the temperature levels are also increased or decreased.
After this series of tests, the SPST push button switch is IK rated from 0 to 10, with IK10 being the highest.
If the SPST push button switch has an IK10 rating, it means that it can be installed in places where it can be frequently used by the general public such as train stations, bus terminals, parks, restaurants, corporate buildings, etc.
The SPST push button switch can also withstand brute force, tough environment, and extreme temperatures.
Lathe machine for SPST push button switch
17. How to troubleshoot an SPST push button switch?
Sometimes the SPST push button switch has not been working smoothly as it should.
You could encounter issues like the actuator is getting too hard to press, or it needs to be pressed several times to work, or the SPST push button switch simply does not work anymore.
Usually, these issues happen when the SPST push button switch is already out of warranty.
Here are some of the common issues and what you can do to troubleshoot them:
|Common issues||Cause||What you can do|
|The switch is intermittently working||· Replace the spring and contacts if possible|
· Clean the surface area
|Short circuit issues||· Replace the thermal inside or clean up the build-up dirt to clear the distance between contacts.|
|The switch is getting hot|
|· This usually happens when the supplied power is beyond the capacity of the SPST push button switch which can burn the coils and the contacts inside causing it to heat up.|
|· Check the SPST push button switch rating indicated on the product’s information or the voltage label located after the switch’s threading. For example, a 12v SPST switch for 25A at 12V DC.|
· Replace the power supply with the right voltage and check if the SPST push button switch is still heating up.
If the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, you may contact your manufacturer for a possible repair.
Otherwise, you can properly dispose of the switch and purchase another one.
18. What is the switch rating of the SPST push button switch?
The SPST push button switch has different switch ratings to accommodate different application requirements.
In general, you can find 3 amps (250 VAC, 30 VDC) or 2 amps (48 VDC).
But other types can handle a higher current of up to 20 amps like the high current push button switch.
19. What are some helpful tips when soldering the SPST push button switch?
Soldering the SPST push button switch can be quick and easy when done the right way.
It can save you time and money since you don’t need to buy another switch.
Here are some tips you can consider following when soldering the SPST push button switch.
- You can use a fine point solder when soldering the pins of the SPST push button switch to avoid touching the other pins.
- Start with low heat to avoid melting the pins.
- Before soldering the wires, you can solder some lead on the pins since shrinkage could happen.
- The exposed portion of the wires can be inserted through the holes on the pins and twisted together for secure soldering.
- Always solder with a 25 degree angle targeting the lead instead of the pins.
- Soldering the pins should be within 1 to 3 seconds only to avoid melting the pins.
- Solder the pins one by one to avoid connecting them.
Soldering gun and machine
20. How to practice safety while using SPST push button switch?
It is highly recommended to practice safety whenever dealing with electrical devices to prevent any accidents.
The SPST push button switch is also an electrical device which is why it is also a must to follow some reminders like the following for your safety:
- When installing or replacing the SPST push button switch with direct contact with live wires, switch off the power source or the mains first.
- Avoid touching the parts with flowing electricity.
- Follow the switch rating recommendation of the manufacturer.
- Check any visible signs of corrosion or damage and determine if a repair or replacement is possible.
- Follow the wiring instructions from the manufacturer.
- When soldering and installing the SPST push button switch always work on a well lit area and away from any flammable gas.
Some manufacturers provide you with a safety guide for installation when you receive your SPST push button switch order.
21. How to test the SPST push button switch before installation?
It is important to test the SPST push button switch before you install it.
This is to ensure that it is going to work properly before mounting it to the panel, plate, or device.
To conduct the testing properly, you will need the following tools:
- SPST push button switch
Here are the following steps for testing the SPST push button switch:
- Check if the ohmmeter is working properly by switching it on and turning the knob for the range selector.
- Attach the positive (red) and the negative (black) test probes to the ohmmeter.
- Check if the test probes are working properly by touching each tip of the probes together.
- You will notice that the needle of the ohmmeter’s scale moves to 1 ohm or less but if you don’t see any changes or you noticed that the ohm is higher, the ohmmeter could be broken.
- Connect the red test probe to one of the pins of the SPST push button switch and the black test probe to the other pin.
- The ohmmeter scale will display 1 ohm if the SPST push button switch is in its “on” state.
- While the ohmmeter scale will display OL if the SPST push button switch is in its “off” state showing that it has a high resistance.
- Do this again to confirm the results.
If the scale changes to 1 ohm and OL when you turn the switch on and off, it means that the switch is properly working.
However, if the scale does not show any changes while turning the switch on and off, this could mean that the switch is broken.
When this happens, consult your manufacturer about replacing the faulty switch.
Or you can also order another SPST push button switch but make sure that you will be purchasing a high quality switch to avoid receiving bad switch.
22. Is the SPST push button switch sealed against water damage?
You can find a type of SPST push button switch that can protect itself when in contact with water.
These types are generally known as water resistant or waterproof SPST push button switch.
However, the level of water ingress protection is not the same for all.
For example, a water resistant SPST push button switch can withstand water splash but not water submersions while the waterproof SPST push button switch can be water submerged for several minutes.
This water protection can be easily determined by identifying the IP rating of the SPST push button switch or otherwise known as Ingress Protection rating.
Not only that the IP rating determines the water protection level of the SPST push button switch but it also shows you the protection level against solid objects or elements.
The level of solid and water protection is represented by the two numbers after the IP as shown in the image below:
A higher number would indicate that the SPST push button switch has better protection against solid and water elements.
For you to gain a better understanding here’s a chart describing each level of IP protection.
IP rating chart
23. What do you do when you receive a bad SPST push button switch?
On some occasions, you may receive a bad SPST push button switch for unknown reasons.
When you do, try to check the warranty paperwork if the SPST push button switch is still covered by it.
If it is still covered by the warranty, contact your manufacturer for the replacement procedure.
Typically, the manufacturer will ask that you send the SPST push button switch back to them for a repair or replacement.
The repair could take a few weeks or more depending on your location since this includes the shipping time to the manufacturer and back to you.
Once the manufacturer receives your SPST push button switch, they will conduct several inspections to determine if the cause is a factory fault or human error.
If it’s a factory fault, the manufacturer can replace it with a new one from the factory and will be sent to you.
While for other issues, the manufacturer reserves the right whether the cause is eligible for warranty or not.
24. What are the numbers of pins available for the SPST push button switch?
The SPST push button switch usually has two pins or terminals, one for the power supply and one for the device.
For example, in a normally open SPST push button switch, one pin is labeled C for common; while the other pin is for NO for normally open.
But the illuminated SPST push button switch has 4 pins since the two pins for LED are separate.
Sometimes a resistor is needed when the
Here’s an example of 4 pins illuminated SPST push button switch:
Illuminated SPST push button switch wiring guide
25. What are the car controls where you can use the SPST push button switch?
The SPST push button switch is ideal for car controls or any type of vehicle such as SUVs, trucks, ATVs, motorbikes, and many more.
You can use it for both interior and exterior controls of the vehicle like the following examples:
- Horn button
- Head lights
- Fog lights
- Dome light
- Power window
- Audio controls
- Chassis lamp
With proper knowledge, you can easily replace the broken controls of your car with the SPST push button switch or even do some DIY modifications if you’d like.
You can also consult a mechanic to do the switch replacement or car modifications for you.
For newly bought vehicles, you may need to consult your dealer for warranty covered car controls replacements.
Modifications may not be recommended for brand new vehicles as this can void the vehicle’s warranty or insurance.
Classic car dashboard
26. Is the SPST push button switch ideal for safety alarm system button replacement?
Yes, the SPST push button switch can also be used to replace a broken alarm system button.
You can also DIY an alarm system inside your household in case an emergency arises.
You can connect the SPST push button switch into a buzzer device to create a sound when activated.
However, this type would need the interference of a user to set off the alarm.
But you can also install an emergency push button switch or home safety alarm devices with sensor features to safeguard your house.
Emergency push button
27. What are the things to think about when shopping for the SPST push button switch?
When you’re shopping for the SPST push button switch, you must know what exactly you are looking for.
Here are some of the things you can refer to as your guide:
- The reason why you’re purchasing SPST push button switch
- The SPST push button switch type that you will need for example:
- SPST NO switch or SPST NC switch
- SPST momentary switch or SPST latching switch
- Solder lug or screw type pins
- The location where you will be installing the switch (indoors or outdoors)
- The environmental factors where the switch will be exposed (near water, high humidity, public areas,
- The specific characteristic of the switch such as size, color, shape, and so on.
- Other requirements such as the switch rating, protection rating, mechanical and electrical life cycles, etc.
28. How to verify if the SPST push button switch is high quality?
Choosing a high quality SPST push button switch is easier when you know what to look for in a switch.
Some seals and certifications serve as a validation that the SPST push button switch is high quality.
Some of the quality seals and certifications that you can check are the following:
|Quality Seal / Certification||Description|
|IP65, IP68, IP69K||· These IP ratings show that the SPST push button switch are dustproof and waterproof.|
· If you will be installing or using the SPST push button switch near water or outdoors, it is best to choose the ones with any of these ratings to ensure the long working life of the switch.
· The IP69K rating is known for being a marine grade switch which means that the SPST push button switch can be submerged in water.
|IK10||· This seal shows that the SPST push button switch has a durable body protecting itself and its internal parts which can withstand any impact or vandalism.|
· This is the highest rating of the Impact Protection rating chart which describes that the SPST push button switch can endure up to 20 joules of the impact that can be compared to dropping a mass weighing 5 kg from a 400 mm height unto the switch.
|ISO certified||· A manufacturer that is ISO certified means that their products are made following an international standard to ensure quality and safety.|
|CE||· This seal is recognized worldwide that signifies that the manufacturer ensures the safety of their consumers as well as the environment.|
|REACH||· The REACH seal guarantees that the SPST push button switch is manufactured using materials that are safe for consumers and the environment as well.|
|RoHS||· The RoHS seal is an assurance that the SPST push button switch is made from safe substances therefore it is okay for users to touch it or hold it with bare hands.|
|TUV||· This seal verifies that the manufacturer has passed several audits of their systems, facilities, and products with the aim of hazard and damage reduction.|
|UL Certified||· This means that the manufacturer has passed the safety standards set by the UL organization.|
By now, you already know what to check whenever you purchase the SPST push button switch.
These quality seals are equally important to ensure that you are only getting high quality SPST push button switch and that your safety is guaranteed.
You can also make sure that you get your money’s worth.
IP rating seal
29. How to care for SPST push button switch to maintain quality?
The majority of the SPST push button switch today require almost zero maintenance but when you know how to properly care for them, you can maintain their smooth operation and prolong their mechanical and electrical life cycles.
You can also preserve its original appearance and keep the SPST push button switch in good quality.
The following tips can help in properly caring for your SPST push button switch:
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommended use
- Only use the SPST push button switch within the recommended switch rating range.
- Avoid using a non-waterproof SPST push button switch near water.
- Avoid pressing the actuator using sharp pointy objects
- Only use your finger or safe finger tools to push the actuator to avoid causing visible damages that can reduce the quality of the SPST push button switch.
- Always handle them with care
- Avoid dropping the SPST push button switch since this can loosen its internal parts and cause failure.
- Regularly wipe the surface
- There could be stubborn dirt and dust which can enter the insides of the SPST push button switch and can cause short circuits or switch failure.
- Plus, it is important to sanitize the SPST push button switch if it is always being used by different people.
- Avoid direct sunlight
- Leaving the SPST push button switch under direct sunlight can deteriorate its appearance and the quality of the materials.
- If it’s made from plastic, the color can fade and the plastic material can become brittle and break apart exposing its internal parts.
- Store properly
- Store the SPST push button switch in a cool and dry place such as storage shelves or cabinets.
- A properly stored SPST push button switch enables longer shelf life and ensures that it is still in good working condition for future use.
Multi drawer cabinets
30. Do manufacturers make customized SPST push button switch?
Yes, there are manufacturers that accept customization requests from their customers.
This is a great option when you need a unique SPST push button switch for your business or your DIY projects.
Some of the things you can request for the SPST push button switch’s customization are the following:
- The materials to be used in manufacturing the SPST push button switch
- The diameter size and other dimensions
- The shape and color of the SPST push button switch
- The actuator shape and type (illuminated or non-illuminated)
- The logo on the actuator (backlit or laser etched)
- The technical specifications you need
- Other customization options available
These customization options may only be available on some manufacturers who can accept these kinds of requests.
Aside from that, the customization request may have a minimum quantity of push button switch orders.
Contact your manufacturer to check on their available customization options.